We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This forum is starting to shut down individuals ...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
This forum is starting to shut down individuals ...

I am not sure why there have been several posts that have a mean tone or rude tones aimed at individuals. This is a forum and yes we all have different options, but that is what these forums are about. It is the information the individual sorts through and then decides for themselves. Do you not want people to feel welcomed to post their questions,concerns or excitement about visiting Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa?Maybe just do a PM if you have a problem with a individual. I have enjoyed and received great info from the forum.....

Thanks for you attention

Dreamer300

Irene

winnipeg
Level Contributor
187 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This forum is starting to shut down individuals ...

welcome to the world of intermet Irene in the nicest sense!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This forum is starting to shut down individuals ...

Really felt the mean/rude comments were being posted more frequently on this form. I have really enjoyed this forum and have had many questions answered by individual that have made each visit to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo even more enjoyable. I guess I am a peace lover, but I certainly will stand up for what I believe in or express my opinion. Of course people want the facts and correct information, but maybe PM the personal disagreements....Getting soft in my older age

Thank You

Dreamer300 (OK I will get off my soap box)

Edited: 27 November 2012, 13:50
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,682 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This forum is starting to shut down individuals ...

I think there is some history there between some long term posters and also carry-over from another Zihua message board....

at any rate, it happens on ALL forums- the PV one is much worse than this one is, lol....'take the best, leave the rest' is good forum advice.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This forum is starting to shut down individuals ...

Thanks Rissask good advise.... Have not been to P.V. for ages..... was our first trip to Mexico in our early 20'S and fell in love with the country and the people. Loved all the amazing shops and restaurants, so much fun.

Dreamer

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This forum is starting to shut down individuals ...

bump

Woodside
Level Contributor
629 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: This forum is starting to shut down individuals ...

I feel like it is up to the destnation experts to set an approprate tone for the forum...and to not indulge in public snarking. Most of us love Zihua and want other folks to love it as much as we do. Many of us have invested our hard earned cash on property in the area. We employ workers, we patronize local businesses and we make friends. And we want to pass on our experiences, good and bad, to others.

Woodside
Level Contributor
629 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: This forum is starting to shut down individuals ...

Oh, let me be clearer. I think that folks that have a 'history' should take it off the board. The DE's are only human, but it is incumbent upon them to set a good tone for the board. We all benefit when we are polite and respectful even when we disagree.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: This forum is starting to shut down individuals ...

well said mizsic

and I find many times with a few key posters..it's not what she says ..but how she says it...

take it all with a grain of salt and then rim your margarita glass with it...lol

cheers all and safe travels to one and all....newbies...post away...lots of great people willing to help...

9. Re: This forum is starting to shut down individuals ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 02:16