We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medera Beach

MINNESOTA
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Medera Beach

We are new to Zihua and staying at Hotel Irma. What are names of some recommended restuarant and bars located on Medera beach. We would love to have breakfast, lunch and dinner with our feet in the sand. Recommendations for places near Irma would be great. We love to walk.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medera Beach

Madera is only about a 1/8th of a mile long with about 3 cafes. I no longer can recommend any of them although what used to be M J & Richie's is still the best of the bunch. The Las Brisas has a fine restaurant/bar but their beach chairs are restricted to their guests.

All is not lost as many of Zihua's finest eateries are in The Madera area, just not on the beach. Casa Vieja, Black Pearl ,Chendo's, Salvador's & Ruffo's just to name a few.

MN
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medera Beach

You may want to wander up to La Ropa beach. There are several really good restaurants right on the beach where you can eat and drink with your toes in the sand. I'm not familiar with Madera, but La Ropa is not very far away. You can walk there.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medera Beach

For dinner with your feet in the sand, you can also walk into Z and eat at Daniels on the beach.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medera Beach

On Peddler's recommendation.............. that would be Brisas Del Mar.

Las Brisas is over the hill in Ixtapa.

Keith

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Medera Beach

As always (well often) Keith is correct. It's March I'll be across from Las Brisas long after the Tennis Tournament ends. February in El Central, Zihua.

Smile

henderson
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Medera Beach

hI larsen....if at irma...take the steps down to the beach...the restaraunt right by the steps has great lunches for reasonable...if you wander down from there...the restaraunt right by the edge of where the boardwalk starts has very good breakfasts w/ feet in the sand views of the bay.

If you walk out the front lobby...hook a left...walk down the paver block street...on your right will be a street that has Las Casa Vieja (so good) and just a door down...Margarita's also sooo good for breakfast. Or on the side street that leads to town by the canal on the corner is Patio's (I believe the name is...it's RUFFO's for dinner) their breakfast is so good.

Feet in the sand breakfast for me on Laropa...my Fav...Elivira's.

The breakfasts at Irma were quite good too and the view...stunning.

enjoy

usa
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Medera Beach

Last year when we arrived at Hotel Irma we found breakfast was included in Apple vacation (but not in previous years). I believe it was juice or fruit, eggs any of a variety of Mexican ways with toast. There may be other options but that was our choice.

The suggestions above are good. More alternatives

Previous years we often had breakfast on our room balcony:

coffee from the restaurant pot (for small tip), bananas, papaya from the previous day's trip to the market, empanadas or other rolls from the "Panaderia el Buen Gusto" bakery at Calle Vicente Guerrero #8 (a couple of blocks from the basketball court which is at the end of the walkway along the beach into town from Hotel Irma)

There are also some cafe/restaurants with outdoor seating near wharf where the fish are sold in the morning that are good for watching the activity there. Again follow the walkway or beach to the center of town and you will easily find them.

8. Re: Medera Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo