We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week One

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Week One

Arrived Via Primera Plus Guanajuato to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo at 7:00 AM after a serenely peaceful journey of 6 hours mostly asleep.

Checked into Casa Karen where are our bungalow was ready & waiting at that early hour. Our host Kate is a delight, so helpful & welcoming. So glad she is doing so well but does require early booking as she is full to capacity.

2 rooms, kitchenette, WiFi, Cable, A/C, Very Comfortable beds & secure at 4,000 peso per month makes her place ideal for us budget travelers on pensions.

Restaurants

Marina Cafe (Joe's) - excellent Breakfasts & Dinners

Papa Locas- Incredible Pico de Gallo, stuffed potatoes & tacos. Possibly the best bargin in town.

El Manglar- Our favorite splurge spot especially the salads & 27 spice tuna.

Rico-Mar Still the best in Pozole Alley at low prices

Publeita's Best BBQ lamb in town

Coconuts- Pricey for us but great specials Super Bowl Sunday make it doable. Wonderful atmosphere since the ownership change a few years ago.

Name escapes but the Italian Restaurant next to Rubens in Ixtapa. Had 2 excellent pizzas, fettuccine with blue crab & great salads. Gals had wine with meal, total cost 485 pesos plus tip.

La Condesa at Barra de Potosi delicious Whole Red Snapper grilled to perfection.

Best coffee hang out-Cafecita next to the Marina Cafe.

More Later

Edited: 08 February 2013, 12:42
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week One

Love it, thx for posting..can't wait to visit many restaurants ;)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week One

Glad you are having a Great Time!

Is the Eye Tye place that you are talking about the one on Ixtapa Blvd?

Ruffallo's or something like that?

Keith

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week One

I beleive that is the name. Was my old buddy Zihua Juan's favorite, I have not been there since he passed.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
844 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week One

peddler665

You are making me hungry, so many great places to eat... Glad you are enjoying yourself. Love reading your posts.

Thank You

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Week One

Do you have an email address for Casa Karen? Thanks in advance.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Week One

So excited to come and try many of the great resto's we keep reading about!

Any expecially great place for Marg's where they are more Reasonable prices. $6-7per is just more than I would like to pay. ( For the amount I would like to try to consume! After all this is the much heralded Vacation! )

Thanks Peddler. et all.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Week One

Had excelllent lasagna last night at the Marina Cafe (AKA Joe's) with a nice salad, soft drink 115 pesos or a bit under $10 US.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Week One

PS Margaritas are a bit out of my expertise as I do not drink.

My wife had one at Manglar's that I believe cost 40 pesos just over $3 that according to her was excellent,

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Week One

Great, that's what I wanted to know!

Thanks, Rose

10. Re: Week One

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 05:15