We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Guides

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
937 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Guides

I tried asking this question by taggin onto an earlier post, but it's not seeing any hits, so I'll ask again with my own original post:

A few names of good tour guides have been mentioned, and I've written some down. What we were looking for is someone to take just the two of us out for a 1 day tour - looking to see places of cultural interest that would be difficult to access on our own. Don't want to have to drive a hole lot (maybe a couple hours driving at most). I'm wondering how much we could expect to pay for such a tour. I know it's usual to purchase the guide's lunch, which is fine, but I just want to know what the typical charge would be (rough ballpark), and then what the tip would be on top.

I've been in a couple of awkward situations with guides where it wasn't clear what the payment should be (one worked just for tips alone, another wanted us to pay "what it was worth" to us - awkward!).

Any names of tried and true day trip guides would be great, as well.

Thanks in advance.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Guides

Going rate is 600 to 800 pesos for a nice day or 200 to 250 per hour for shorter tours.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Guides

I would highly recommend Juan Carlos. He has a nice comfy Mercury Marques, is very reliable and speaks good english. He can be reached at 52-755-114-2937 juanseritaxi@hotmail.com also check out his web site at

www.tourswithcarlos.com

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Guides

I second Juan Carlos...he is a really nice man, a good driver...and knows his stuff. He will tell you what his rates are...so there is no guessing...he is prompt and polite...and a very good friend.

4. Re: Tour Guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 06:17