We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fantastic group dinner

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
fantastic group dinner

My wife and I usually arrive a week before the rest of our group does. This gives us an opportunity to spend time with our extended family, local friends and a number of other American and Canadian friends we have got to know from our 25 years of coming to Ixtapa/Zihua. It also allows us time to scout out some new things to do in addition to a new dining spot or two for the group. Well this year we found and did a "two for one".

During our first week while spending a day at restaurant Chez Arnoldo on Las Gatas beach, we arranged with "Noyo" (one of the owners) for our group to have a candle light dinner there on the beach. We were able to select a menu which started with dynamite shrimp salad and fried calamari steaks as an appetizer. Then grilled tenderloin steak, chicken, fish and some baby red potatoes for the main course, followed by flan for desert. We were able to bring our own wine and champagne. The price of $40 per person included panga transportation from the marina pier and back. Everything was done on a handshake and as promised, there was a panga waiting at the pier promptly at 7:00 p.m. to take our group across the bay. Upon arrival at Las Gatas beach, we were greeted with a welcome punch cocktail and our private beach which was decoratively lit by candles complete with white linen covered tables. We were pampered by Noyo's outstanding serving staff of 4 and were encouraged to set our own pace throughout the evening. About 3 1/2 hours later we cruised across the hillside lit bay of Zihua back to the marina. Just one of the highlights of another great trip to Mexico.

If you have a group of 10 or more, I would highly recommend this experience. Noyo can be reached at his restaurant on Las Gatas or in person or at 755-129-6012

Level Contributor
3,189 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fantastic group dinner

AWesome ted!!

Good for you...and good for your group!! LOVE IT!

That is an excellent price by the way....

Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fantastic group dinner

I can picture it all ......tx for putting me there

good times in zihua Ted!

3. Re: fantastic group dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor