We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

How many airline passengers wish this was a true video??

I had a 5 hour kicker on my last flight plus his (free) baby brother who threw up most of the trip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4SkoJy3D0M

Silverthorne...
Level Contributor
609 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

Oh my gosh!! That poor child and his parents! I cannot imagine how awful that would be to have a child who was ill on an airplane. Not only would you be concerned about your poor little baby but you would have to worry about the other people on the plane and disturbing them as well.

It's a good thing not everyone is insensitive.....

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

My son loves that video!! Everytime we have flown in the past year he asks the agents to fly kargo kids. Most do not not know what it is as these are not Westjet flights.

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

How true, it would be nice, we just come back on a 4 1/2 flight of a non stop crying baby in the row behind us, it probably has a lot to do with the pressure on their sensitive ears, they can't unplug them like we can. It could have been much worse if not for the earphones I had with me, I can't seem to understand why these parents want to take a vacation with such young children, it can't be much of a relaxing vacation having to care for a baby all week.

4. Re: April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 13:06
colorado
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

I agree with Patty 35. What a difficult flight that must have been for those parents and the child with inconsiderate passengers casting their judgment rather than understanding that ANYONE can get sick on a plane. All people have the right to travel fat, small, old, young, stinky, non-stinky, spring breakers, sleepers...don't like the idea of a type of traveler - DON'T TRAVEl.

P.S. Really should we SEGREGATE.... do we really want to go back there.....??

And back to what the forum should be about ZIhua/ Ixtapa .... ;)

Silverthorne...
Level Contributor
609 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

Wow, I am insulted and I don't even have children. Mexico is known to be a family friendly country. I have been traveling with my friends child since she was 8 months old. The younger the kids are, the more acclimated they become to traveling. If you love your kids and love to travel, why shouldn't you? Some of my best Mexico memories are with my friends baby (and I've been over 20 times).

Don't judge these families, they may be traveling to go to a funeral, to adopt a child, to seek medical treatment, you don't know. My friends husband is from another country, they travel to see his side of the family. Its a few hours on a plane. Deal with it or don't fly. Stop complaining, your going on vacation for crying out loud!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

One of my most memorable vacations to Ixtapa involving children, was courtesy of a couple from Chicago, with the "diapered" child in the swimming pool which eventually had to be closed for the afternoon when a "baby ruth" was found floating in it. Grandma and grandpa can share some of the blame for this because they thought treating their adult children to a trip to Mexico should include a 18 month old and a 4 year old which required constant supervision. I sure both children have great memories of that trip, I know I do.

8. Re: April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 13:06
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,682 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

I agree crying, whining children on a plan can be very annoying...for everyone, including the parents, I am sure.

My husband and I don't have children ourselves but I personally feel nothing but sympathy for parents of small kids on a plane who are in pain and crying because of their ear pain, or other.....very small kids it is nearly impossibly to get them to stop crying sometimes if the pain won't lessen.

Now, kicking the back of the seat, while the parents allow it or ignore it, or otherwise being annoying, that would be different....maybe I have been lucky but I have never seen this behaviour, just kids being normal kids, a bit bored or whatever, not bothersome.

Now, about that drunk/hungover middle aged woman who sat next to me on a night flight back from Puerto Vallarta and vomited into her air sickness bag, SHE I was really ticked off at- who drinks all day hard when they know they have to fly all night?? Plus, her spouse and two kids sat across the aisle and I had to sit next to her all flight! Rude! Or how about the people who recline the entire time in economy charters where there already is hardly any room between rows? I would never do that. Or, grab the seat in front of them hard when standing up so you get a head yank so hard your neck aches? or obnoxious big groups yelling back and forth over the other passengers heads?

Yup, the most annoying passengers on flights for me have always been adults.

Edited: 18 April 2013, 16:09
Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: April Fool's is over, but how many wish this was true??

I booked a last minute flight La Paz to LA then on to San Jose this Spring. As it was last minute I got a middle seat on the first leg. I really dislike sitting in the middle but "psyched" myself to accept this.

I was on the plane early as the seat was in the next to last row. As I sat there accepting I would be cramped in the middle down the aisle came a lovely Mexican Lady with her equally lovely child. She asked me if I would mind seating on the aisle so they could sit together. A most well behaved child the entire flight. Far better than some adults I have been subject to over my life.

Edited: 18 April 2013, 16:23