We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel Irma

East Wenatchee,Wa
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
hotel Irma

we will be staying at Hotel Irma in Nov., this is our first time staying in Zihua, but we have stayed in Ixtapa 2 times, what is hotel like, and can we walk everywhere and feel safe, also taxi prices from airport, or should we arrange a shared shuttle van. Thank You.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
902 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel Irma

We stayed at the Hotel Irma last november for 17 days and loved it. Yes, you can easily walk into town either along the ocean walk way or down the street from the front door. We felt safe everywhere we went but did take a taxi home at night from town. Taxis are cheap. In November the hotel should be fairly quiet, with lots of space around the pools and the loungers. The staff at the Irma are very friendly and go out of their way to please you. You will enjoy this hotel. We are also going back this November but have rented a condo since we will be there for a month. We will definitely be stopping by the Irma for happy hour or dinner on occasion.

East Wenatchee,Wa
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel Irma

Thank you, very much

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel Irma

I stayed there in March 2012 and visited friends there in Nov 2013...great place.

Scroll thru the reviews...I wrote a newsy/long one. The info is accurate as are the pix posted.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel Irma

The hotel is a solid 3 star, older and quite basic but very clean, 2 salt water small pools, on site restaurant (not that great) and the best part- WONDERFUL views.

The location is great- staying on Madera means easy access to walk to both downtown and to La Ropa beach. The area down the hill and behind the hotel has several really good restaurants. La Ropa is a much nicer beach than Madera so if we wanted a beach day we would either taxi or walk to La Ropa or walk to the pier downtown and take a water taxi to Las Gatas. A good and easy day trip is taxi or bus to Playa Linda to catch a water taxi to Isla Ixtapa.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 15:23
UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,905 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel Irma

I actually found the food in 2012 and 2013 to be very good. We just didn't eat there every day because there were so many reasonable choices nearby that we wanted to try a lot of them...I can say their breakfast was excellent. Their club sandwich, French fries, fish taco's, tortilla soup, hamburgers, nacho's pico and guac , shrimp cocktail etc..were excellent as was the fish we caught and the cook prepared for our table of 14 for a charge of about $7.00 per person. You got the fish....beans, rice, vegetable and bread. It was very good.

The "variety" maybe not a lot to choose from but the food...very good. The drinks...blech!!! We fixed our own from our cooler in our room in our thermo mugs...or enjoyed cold ones on Madera, Laropa, Las Gatas and in town.

Cheers to your trip!! Start your countdown!!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
971 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel Irma

I agree with Maryann regarding the food... This past January It was good -'snacks' were reasonable, meals more expensive. We ate offsite just to be out and about and economical. The first drink by the pool at happy hour was always delicious... Second or third became very sweet and 'chemically'. Rarely did we order drinks outside of happy hour.

I love the Irma and hope to stay again next year... But really... People lets stop sharing info about this great place... Sssshhhh keep it hush or it'll book up and the price will rise ;-)

Enjoy your stay!!

SG

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel Irma

Food tastes are subjective of course...perhaps they improved the food from when we stayed there, it was a few years ago. But at the time we didn't think it was that great.

Luckily if the OP finds that to be the case, it's an easy fix with so many great restaurants in Zihua.

Escanaba, Michigan
Level Contributor
173 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel Irma

we just booked the Irma for 18 nights next Feb! cann't wait. we found this gem of a hotel about 5 years ago and won't stay anywhere else. yes, you can walk every where. remember the only down fall to this hotel is lots of stairs! we enjoy having a garden view and always request room #9. only a few steps to deal with and if I want an ocean view i just walk the few steps to the pool. lots of taxis right outside the hotel. enjoy your vacation!

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
398 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel Irma

We just booked 6 nights at Hotel Irma in late October. We chose the continental break feast option. Any comments on how the break feast is? What are some good choices for lunch and dinner close by?

Edited: 30 June 2013, 13:32
Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel Irma

If I were to do a feast at Hotel Irma, the break would be my first choice.

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo