We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair dresser/beauty salon

wisconsin
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
Hair dresser/beauty salon

We will be spending 2 weeks in Zihua and Ixtapa in November. Can anybody tell me of a great hairstylist to get highlights and a great haircut?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hair dresser/beauty salon

I go to Liliana's in La Madera- just down the street from Casa Vieja.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hair dresser/beauty salon

Is it easy to find? We are staying at Raintree's Villa Vera Puerto Mío the 1st week? Will we be close to there?

Big Apple
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hair dresser/beauty salon

I stay at a place right near Villa Vera and I am a walker, so I go to that hairdresser in under 30 minutes from there, but why not have the hotel call you a taxi...the rates are low and Liliana can get you a taxi for the trip back, if necessary.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hair dresser/beauty salon

taxi is a great idea...just tell them beside Casa Vieja restaurant- all taxi drivers will know where that is.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hair dresser/beauty salon

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like a great place. Should I ask for Liliana if there are multiple employees there? Should I make appt beforehand?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hair dresser/beauty salon

Don't NEED an appointment, but you might have to wait 15-20 minutes. I believe Lilia is the only one who cuts- the others do manis & pedis. I could be wrong on that, but I haven't seen anyone else cutting.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hair dresser/beauty salon

If you are looking for the old lady gringo short hair cut, that's the place to go! Try Zoe's on Calle Ejido for something else.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hair dresser/beauty salon

Please explain that comment.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hair dresser/beauty salon

Just to be clear about Liliana's- this is not a spa. This is a friendly neighbourhood salon with all the hair services, pedis & manis at very reasonable prices. Lilia is a very capable hairdresser and certainly does more than a bsic haircut- she will do what you ask her to do. If the original poster is looking for a spa experience- well I know there are spas, but I have never used one, and for me, for daily living (since I am not on vacation) they would be out of my price range.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hair dresser/beauty salon

Thanks. No I am not looking for spa experience; just a good haircut with highlights. I have done that in Mazatlan numerous times and looking for the same service in Zihuatanejo.

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo