We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centro Optical

Manitoba
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Centro Optical

I was wondering if anyone has purchased glasses from Centro Optical in downtown Z? I am one of those Canadians who is sick and tired of paying outrageously high prices for glasses... Haha. Is it possible to bring my prescription and get it filled in the 2 weeks I am there?

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centro Optical

Haven't dealt with that store, but have with Michelle Crystal. Usually 1-3 days for delivery.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centro Optical

Very Cool... Thanks so much Linda :)

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,900 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centro Optical

Are glasses and contant lenses a lot cheaper there than here in Canada?

I need new glasses....my last pair set me back almost $500.

Manitoba
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centro Optical

Lots lots cheaper... Also, dental too! Have talked to many people who had crowns, fillings, etc in Zihuatanejo for a fraction of the price... My glasses were also $500... I'm sure gonna check it out when I'm there.

Mentioned in this post
Zihuatanejo
Zihuatanejo
Guerrero, Mexico
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centro Optical

Depends on your RX- if they are bifocal, transitions- we find the price only slightly less than in Manitoba. As for dental- there is a huge difference in prices, depending on the dentist. A crown here can still cost about 5000 pesos.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,645 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centro Optical

Glasses for my prescription were more in Zihua that in the states...but they sure had lots of nice/different frames. With my medical plan there are deals in the states...but it doesn't work in Mexico.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Manitoba
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centro Optical

Thanks so much everyone.. I'll stop in and check out the selection when I'm there

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,900 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Centro Optical

Thank you. :)

My dental is covered here, but I have heard of many people going to Mx to get far cheaper dental work- good deal!

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Centro Optical

Sher0366 , There are also online suppliers both from Canada and the US and this might be better for warranty and other follow ups and may be an even better value . Friends have done this here in B.C. . You could use an eyeglass tune up as an excuse to return to Zih sooner on the up side . I live close enough to the U.S. to go down twice and order and pick up my last two pairs of progressive bifocals for the price you mention , two for one special or half price for one . I did not have a huge selection of frames but they kinda all look the same these days anyway .

Edited: 04 October 2013, 17:07
10. Re: Centro Optical

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo