We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Charter

indiana
Level Contributor
259 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Charter

We will be staying in a condo close to the marina in Ixtapa next week. We would like to charter a boat for a cruise up the coast, swimming and sightseeing (4 people). Should we go to the marina in Ixtapa or to Zihuanejo to make arrangements?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Charter

Depends on the what you are looking for in a boat.

The Ixtapa marina is basically a private marina.

When FONATUR built the marina it was written into the local regulations that fishing charters could not leave from Ixtapa. Sightseeing I don't know.

If you are looking for a Panga for a couple of people to cruise, fish, and snorkel check out Julio's Tours.

They specialize in trips like this.

Keith

2. Re: Boat Charter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 October 2013, 00:25
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Charter

Another option instead of chartering is to take a Picante cruise, either the snorkel outing during the day or an evening sunset cruise.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Charter

I don't know why the above was removed, but it was basically catching up on my error!!

I didn't see that you were talking about Four people.

A Panga may be a little cramped for a full day of fishing, but for boating to a beach to snorkel I would think that you would be just fine in one.

If you feel that you need the extra room of a Cruiser there are many available that Julio's could hook you up with.

The advantage to a Panga is that you can get places that a Cruiser may have trouble accessing.

JMO

Keith

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Charter

Sorry Keith, Just didn't feel right to contradict your recommendation of a panga for four people. It was self deleted. Also, I didn't consider that the cost of a cruiser might be a consideration.

You must be leaving for a lower latitude soon?

Mike

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat Charter

Ha!!

I need to be corrected daily!!!

Yup, I can count the days without having to remove a boot now!

We are dragging down so much crap this time that I had to buy a new bag. I needed a rolling duffel that had 29" inside space to accommodate the two 10' Shimano travel rods that I scored out of England, and the Diawa 4500H and 6500H Saltist reels that I paired them up with. Along with the tackle gifties and such I ran out of room in the other bag!! LOL

Getting itchy!!!

(can ya tell?)

Keith

Eagle River
Level Contributor
13 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat Charter

If you want a wonderful day on the water go to www.julio'stours.com and learn about this boat captain. He has several kinds of trips offered. He is a hard working captain has the panga Joceline. Most people like his combo trip which is small game fishing, snorkeling and cooking your fish at a beach restaurant. He is abailable and at your disposal almost all of next week. Everyone I know has a great day.

8. Re: Boat Charter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo