We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Irma - breakfast included

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
684 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Irma - breakfast included

Hello, has any got the breakfast included package? Just wondering if you get to order off the menu or if it's a pre-decided meal? Thanks

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Irma - breakfast included

Not bad. You get. Choices

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Irma - breakfast included

We didn't "buy' the breakfast included package but did see that section on the menu and I believe you got 4 different choices. We liked the breakfasts at Hotel Irma for the days we were lazy and didn't feel like venturing out .

We loved Margarita's and La Casa Vieja nearby for breakfasts too.

Have a fun trip. We loved the Hotel lrma and would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Irma - breakfast included

We did not purchase the breakfast option at the Irma because it was advertised as the American breakfast and we wanted Mexican. We found out while there that you have a choice of anything on the menu, which is quite extensive. We ended up eating breakfast most days at the Irma, as it was very good . It was definitely cheaper that way if you like a big breakfast. There were a few times that we just shared.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
988 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Irma - breakfast included

Good question. I too was curious as Expedia call it a continental breakfast... Sounds like it is more than that though! Anyone recall what the options were?

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Irma - breakfast included

Typical eggs and bacon and toast w/ a side of beans and juices.

Eggs Mexican style

Big orders of pancakes and French toast

and not sure what it's called but when they have the tortilla chips w/ the sauce and the Mexican eggs and beans on top etc....

are a few of what I recall. All were good portions and very tasty.....ran around $7.00-8.00 per person US if you paid out of pocket but worth it.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 15:42
Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Irma - breakfast included

I think that is called chiliquilles(sp). Also, they had molettes(again sp). As well as everything that Maryann listed. It was all delicious but we mainly opted for the mexican fare. There was also fresh fruit and juices.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,181 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Irma - breakfast included

you meant the day old, soggy leftover corn tortilla chips with the salsa or mole sauce and maybe eggs?

yes, chilaquiles.

haha, obviously I am not a fan!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilaquiles

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Irma - breakfast included

Not a fan either. I like the good old bacon, eggs and toast, fresh squeezed orange juice, and a bowl of yogurt and granola. Having the breakfast included is a great option to have. Nice to get up and have a relaxing breakfast, then you are good to go for the day. Thats the deal we got with the Aura del Mar.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,115 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Irma - breakfast included

Oh Rissask...that is the perfect description!! Not a fan either...

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Irma - breakfast included

I had it once with chicken that was pretty good. Maybe it is an acquired taste.