We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neener Neener Neener

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Neener Neener Neener

I went fishing today, and you probably didn't! lol

Started the day with a very long run to South of the river mouth on Valintine (bal an teen) beach.

We had to travel futher South as the river was disgorging mass quantities of silt, turning the ocean into Chocolate Milk colored water.

Further past the anteneas until we started flailing the waters with Robert's Rangers and Shimano Orcas. About 9:15 Ed Kunze said, "it just about feeding time" and then Bang he had on our first Rooster of the day.

Ed came with today at my behest to tag the first Roosters for the about to launch Roosterfish Foundation.

We were with Adolpho on the Dos Hermanos boat, with Adolpho Jr. as mate.

As usual, these guys with not only put you on fish when available, but fish your butt into the bottom of the boat. Before the first Rooster was into the boat and Tagged, they had a second on line, and waiting for me to play Winch with. The first was Photoed and Tagged, and I proceeded to Winch in the second. Before the second was to the boat there was a third AND a fourth!!!

By now the sweat is pouring into my and Ed's eyes (yes a Relief Winch was necessary!!) and I line wrapped the tip and the fourth was broken off.

As the fourth broke off Adolpho Sr hooked up again as Ed brought in his Rooster, tagged photoed released,, and as I tussled with five, Adolpho Jr. snagged into number six.

After a few more mad minutes of doing the crossover Dances with Fish we boated the last two, tagging and releasing them as well.

In this mad hour or so I think that I lost five pounds of water weight and was schooled yet again in what tough fighting fish these Roosters are.

Seeing that we were almost two hours down coast from Zihuatanejo, we decided to begin our run back to port. This left us time to cast to any rising fish that the birds pointed out to us as we returned. We ran into multiple schools of Barralete crashing bait on the surface, and I bagged a couple out of a school. It was at that point I was tugging one in and my new Shimano Beast Master travel rod decided to Explode into multiple pieces and give me a good whack up side the head!

On a three pound fish no less!

Will have to have words with Shimano when I get back!

Adolpho hit a few more schools of Barralete on the way back picking out a dozen to play Santa at the pier with.

All in all another great trip on the water with these guys!

I'm a Lucky Dog!

I'm a Lucky Dog!

Keith

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised id some photos end upon Ed's weekly for those that have an interest.

WISCONSIN..U.S.A
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Neener Neener Neener

Love your report.!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you keep anything to cook.?? many more day's fo FUN..

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neener Neener Neener

Nope! No grillers this trip.

We didn't stumble on any Serria or Dorado.

Fishnig down at Puerto Vicente Guerrero on Thursday if plans hold.

Keith

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
453 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Neener Neener Neener

Now, That's what I want to hear.

Thanks for the report Keith. You lucky Dog! I will check Ed's site for pics.

Sooooooon.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Neener Neener Neener

You really need to enjoy yourself more...lol!!

Good for you...enjoy.

I would love to hear your lady friends "version' of the vacation/trip while you are away fishing....

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Neener Neener Neener

Sounds great!!

Thanks of reminding me of how much "fun" I'm not having at work...

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,953 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Neener Neener Neener

I will definitely be telling hubby about your Shimano incident...he had a similar one recently but I am not sure of the model!

He just caught an 80 pound sturgeon last weekend here- but he will still be jealous of your fishing in Zihua this week. ;) Roosters!

Edited: 29 October 2013, 20:46
Sask
Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Neener Neener Neener

Keith,

We will be down on Nov 23 for 2 weeks. Do you think we will still be able to catch roosters?

Also, what fish are GOOD, mild eating fish that we may be able to catch to eat?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Neener Neener Neener

Roosters should be a good bet!

All depends on the weather and surf condidtions.

Google "roosterfish foundation" for a wealth of information!!!!!

The fish that I like to eat, since I am not a Fishy Fish Fan, are Serria and Dorado.

Keith

Sask
Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Neener Neener Neener

K I'll check that out. Thanks. So is Serria another name for Spanish mackerel?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Neener Neener Neener

Nope.

Sierra is it's very own Mackerel.

It tastes a lot like Crappie to me. White flakey meat.

Keith

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo
Recent Conversations