We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

Level Contributor
184 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

No typo, I do not mean Hotels.com. This site (Olotels.com) is offering a room at Villa Mexicana for several $100 less than quoted by the hotel directly. Same standard room, no breakfast. Also, if I book each week seperately, it is $120 less than if I book the 2 weeks together. Doesn't make sense to me. Is this one of those too good to be true sites? Thanks. Still waffling between VM, Villas el Arca, Villas del Palmer and la Quinta de Don Andres:)

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,622 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

How does the http://olotels.com/ rate stack up against Expedia , as an example for the same dates and conditions . It might be a general electronic booking versus traditional booking situation .

Cheers

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,124 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

There offices are in Hong Kong...so will they be available to you if you have a problem?

FOR SURE...don't use their map...your hotel somehow slipped off the Zihua Bay and is laying somewhere on a side street that I have never heard of!!!

They say the hotel is "cosy"...but would love to know what a "hire" safe is!!

The discounts for two weeks always work that way...it is a free nite for staying 7...and most tour operators don't have their site set up to give 2 nites free for 14 nites...so booking a week at a time is how you have to do it. BUT BE WARNED...if Villas Mex doesn't know about that...you could be forced to check out, and move to another room at check in time. I know people that happened to!

3. Re: Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 13:08
BC
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

I have not booked with Olotels, however I have seen them with quoted rates really often. I have used many different booking sites, I go for who is offering the best rate and have never had a problem.

Earlier this year I travelled for nine weeks, booking 22 different hotels and in only one instance did I use Expedia. Their prices are higher for where I go. My most used booking site is based out of Turkey I believe, I've used them about 15 times without any issue whatsoever.

A good site to check prices for Mexico is bestday.com. Sometimes great offers, I got a fantastic deal from them for my Zihua visit.

BC
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

Judy writes: you could be forced to check out, and move to another room at check in time. I know people that happened to!

--If you make two separate reservations, the hotel usually notices. However, just in case it is easy to send them an email to link the two bookings.

BC
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

For a sample week in February this winter, standard room no breakfast at Villa Mexicana:

Expedia Cdn$1032

Olotels Cdn$615

Skoosh Cdn$783

Bestday US$837

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
991 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

This is a bit of a thread hijack.. Has anyone noticed the fee Expedia is charging per person? I plugged in my dates and when everything is tallied up there is now a $16 per person per night fee added to the total. I've been booking through Expedia for years and am fairly certain this is new. Frustrating.

Level Contributor
184 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

Thanks all. I decided to book directly with the hotel. Don't want any hassles over a couple of $100. And that should help locally rather than in Hong Kong. Now I can start my own "Happy Dance" and countdown ....68 days!

9. Re: Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 19:35
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,124 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone booked using Olotels.com?

Amen to that!! 100% correct.