We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailboat excursions?

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
894 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sailboat excursions?

Does anyone know of a sailboat excursion other than the Picante? We are looking to go out for a couple of hours or so on something smaller than the Picante. We don't fish but love to be on a boat, especially a sail boat.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailboat excursions?

That sounds like a wonderful activity! I would love to do that. There are lots of little fishing boats that will take you out-they will probably have lines in the water. But that is definitely not s sailboat. You need to be here for Sailfest! I hope someone answers with a great suggestion about this.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
894 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailboat excursions?

Thanks Linda , that is another option for us. We went on the Picante sunset cruise and absolutely loved it, so thought we would like to do something on a smaller scale. In Manzanillo we went out on a 28 foot sail boat and had a wonderful time.

3. Re: Sailboat excursions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 15:21
Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sailboat excursions?

Biggest problem with the Picante is it seldom actually sails, bit powers almost entirely. At least that's what I've observed & been told.

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sailboat excursions?

HI Linda,

Are you a part owner of El Manglar or is it just really delicious? I have noticed that you mention it quite a bit and I really want to check it out when we arrive in December for 2 weeks.

6. Re: Sailboat excursions?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 15:20
Edited: 28 November 2013, 15:20
Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sailboat excursions?

Linda introduced me (& many others) a number of years ago at a group get together. I had the 27 Spice Tuna that night & many nights since but have eaten a number of other delicious items there.

I usually go several times each season.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
894 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sailboat excursions?

Hi Linda, yes we did & it was very good.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
894 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sailboat excursions?

Peddler, you are right they put up the sails but it was under power the entire time. Even so, we thoroughly enjoyed going out on the ocean, dolphins around us, gorgeous sunset, and the gentle winds blowing.

10. Re: Sailboat excursions?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo