We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Presidente Internationale or Sunscape Dorado?!

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Presidente Internationale or Sunscape Dorado?!

Hi! My hubby and I are not sure which to choose for our February trip. We're in our 40's. We don't need or want fancy, just clean, safe, good food, good atmosphere and nice beach. The price is really close so we just can't decide which one. We'd really appreciate opinions...thank you!!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,750 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Presidente Internationale or Sunscape Dorado?!

The Dorado was refitted two years ago with the change over to AM Resorts and All Inclusive.

So if the prices are very close, and as long as neither of you smoke (since you can not smoke on the balconies at the Dorado) I would pick the Dorado over the Presidente every time.

We stayed there for eight years before they went over to AM Resorts.

Keith

Toronto
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Presidente Internationale or Sunscape Dorado?!

We don't smoke so that's not an issue.

Thanks for the advice, Keith!

Would you say the food is comparable?

Toronto
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Presidente Internationale or Sunscape Dorado?!

We don't smoke so that's not an issue!

Thanks for your opinion, Keith. :)

Would you say the food is comparable? I guess I'm wondering the reasons for choosing the Sunscape over the Presidente!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,750 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Presidente Internationale or Sunscape Dorado?!

As far as AI food goes, when we were there for the change over 11/1/11 I would have said it is better by several steps at the Dorado.

That said, everything seems to change month to month at AI hotels, so in my opinion you are always On Your Own regardless of last months reviews!

Have a Great Trip where ever you decide!!!

Keith

P.S. if it is in your budget, consider upgrading to the Family Suite. One of the best views on the beach IMO. My avatar pic was taken from the balcony of one.

Edited: 27 December 2013, 02:06
WISCONSIN..U.S.A
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Presidente Internationale or Sunscape Dorado?!

Hi..not all the rooms at the Presidente have mini-bars..room service...Dorado has and they have a great coffee shop...if the price is close you will love the dorado...enjoy..

WISCONSIN..U.S.A
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Presidente Internationale or Sunscape Dorado?!

Me again..will also add that not all the rooms at the Presidente have balconies...for me that is important even if I have a obstructed view I like to have room service breakfeast on my balcony no charge just a tip..where the room is located means nothing to me as I get up put the coffee on take my shower grab coffee in my bubba cup and am walking the 2 mile beach at 5:30 am.. spend the whole day on the beach..Dorado's food is good for a AI...LOL..

7. Re: Presidente Internationale or Sunscape Dorado?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:18