We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st night dinner question

Save Topic
1st night dinner question

Hello, this will be my first trip to the area. This forum seems very helpful and I'm hoping someone has some good advice for me. We arrive on a Saturday night at 6:00. We are staying at Cinco Sentidos. Would it be crazy to think we can get out of the airport and settled at our hotel in time to grab a quick dinner nearby our hotel that evening? I know we will be hungry but also tired from a day of travel. Any recommendations?

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st night dinner question

Easily doable. Nearby your hotel right on laropa you can scoot down to paty's or laperla.....or just up the hill on the street is il mare .Or taxi into centro for 40 pesos and lots of choices.

Have a great trip your hotel is is since location for getting to the beach and to town buses run by on the street frequently too during day hours. Enjoy your trip.

Edited: 11 January 2014, 21:06
UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st night dinner question

Whoops still adussting to an iPad lol your hotel is in a good location is what I meant to say

3. Re: 1st night dinner question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 13:04
Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st night dinner question

J T is correct. Elvira's is much better than next door Paty's. Dine with your feet in the sand and the water a few yards away. Perfect way to end the day.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,896 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st night dinner question

Or next door to both Paty's and Elvira's is the Dona Prudencia at the Villas Mexicanna hotel. People over look it because it is in a hotel...but it has a wonderful and very different menu...some excellent choices and priced well. Think you will enjoy it. They have a good selection of wines, too.

Green Bay, WI
Level Contributor
113 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st night dinner question

That is easy. Settle in, grab a cervesa or mix a drink and call Jungle Pizza.

That is our plan for ten days from now. We stay practically next to where you are staying.

Buenas noches, Doug

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st night dinner question

I have never been able to understand why anybody would order a pizza in Zihua. With all of the great choices in seafood and tradional Mexican food pizza would be at the very bottom of my list.

Different strokes for different folks?

8. Re: 1st night dinner question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 13:04
Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st night dinner question

Pizza is available anywhere at home. Is cheap excellent fresh seafood dishes or fantastic Mexican food available near you? And can you enjoy them with your feet in the sand on the beach? Stick with Elvira's!

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st night dinner question

The food and service and candlelight dining at Elvira's on La Ropa would be my suggestion also for a great first night . A large rare tuna steak is our choice .

We also followed Judy's advice at Dona Prudencia after passing it by hundreds of times . We had a tamarind fish dish and a dry fruit stuffed chicken breast with an almond salsa , very nice and very good service .

I agree that the garlic fish entree at Paty's was quite average and would try the others first .

Another place just north of there that we also walked past hundreds of times is the beach seating at the Catalina . The bartender and front desk man at the Catalina both confirmed that walk in business was welcome at the beach bar . This is a little off topic for the question asked but a real surprise to us . To the OP , have a sunset Margarita upstairs at the Catalina one afternoon .

Cheers