We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

Looking for the perfect place to spend my birthday / valentines day. We are big foodies both have worked at great restaurants in the twin cities. Please let me know the best place and do I make reservations now? Don't mind spending some money!

Thank you!

Bay Area
Level Contributor
228 posts
879 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

Tentaciones is the most romantic restaurant in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, although several others come close e.g., La Casa Que Canta.

Salvador is the gracious and amiable host; the food servers are great. The fare is a five course prix-fixe dinner costing about $50-55 exclusive of beverage. Appetizer, salad, soup (had cilantro soup last that was absolutely wonderful), surf/turf main course, and dessert. If you have special needs, they are very accommodating.

The view is magnificent as is the setting which was designed by two architects. You might even be able to touch a star ;-)

N.B. Le Espuma is closed for an indefinite period.

Bay Area
Level Contributor
228 posts
879 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

P.S. there will be having a female vocalist on Valentine's Day.

College Station...
Level Contributor
309 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

Tentaciones has the most amazing view and food followed closely by Amuleto and then La Casa que Canta. Il Mare is cheaper than those but the food is not even close to the others above.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

Some of us don't do the fine dining scene, for various reasons. Il Mare was just perfect for us.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
900 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

Linda, we also loved Il Mare and it was perfect for us too.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
96 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

Tentaciones or Amuleto.

San Mateo...
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

The Saint Valentine's Day Massacre - Part 2

My husband and I had read the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor on how romantic the Tentaciones Restaurant in Zihuatanejo is. We made reservations for Valentine's Day. Little did we know that the ghost of Al Capone would be lurking there to ambush us.

The food was very good, as well as the host's reception and the waiters' table service.

I loved my red rose. And what could be more romantic than the setting of a beautiful sunset and later a full moon (on Valentine's Day). Let me preface by saying that we understand that is important for people to earn a living, however...

The evening was memorable for two reasons: First, the music was something we will never forget (or forgive). The guitarist was excellent, but the octogenarian vocalist had no voice. We felt sorry for her trying to sing Cole Porter songs. Very disappointing.

Second, we were stunned by the bill. It was double the normal price for basically the same prix-fixe menu. While we understand that some restaurants charge more for special events, this was a true gouging of the restaurant patrons.

We will not fall for this ploy again. Shame on Tentaciones.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

Bummer.....hope you had an amazing trip otherwise...and yay on the full moon and red rose.

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

We ate our Valentines dinner at Daniel's on La Madera. Music from the salsa band at the basketball court.

No special menu, no jacked up prices, and all the women got a free rose.

The coconut shrimp and rib eye steak were delicious.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Romantic, amazing food & amazing view

What possibly could be better than a romantic dinner on the Walk at Daniels?