We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Quinta Troppo-What's nearby?

San Diego
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
La Quinta Troppo-What's nearby?

We made reservations to stay at La Quinta Troppo for 12 days in March. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. I'm wondering what restaurants/bars are within walking distance of the hotel? So excited, March can't come soon enough!

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Quinta Troppo-What's nearby?

lots of restaurants nearby….

1. there are many right on la rope which is just 5 mins walk for you from la quinta troppo….

ex: Paty's; Rossy's; Elvira's; El Manglar….all these have great food. Paty's has happy hour 2 for 1 margaritas from 5 to 7pm daily.

2. from la quinta troppo if you walk up to the main road, there is Il Mare restaurant and one of our favorites is

the restaurant at Casa Cuitlateca hotel….. delicious cuisine at very reasonably priced food with a drop dead gorgeous view!

San Diego
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Quinta Troppo-What's nearby?

Thank you cliu! I'm thrilled to hear there are plenty of nice places we can walk to. Sound like we have some very nice choices nearby for our anniversary dinner!

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Quinta Troppo-What's nearby?

Congrats and enjoy ....I second all the choices Clio mentioned except I still need to try caca c for dinner.

The restaraunt in villa mexicana is very good too. It sits right on laropa and lovely views and I love the palms for their cooling effect.

Have a wonderful, memorable anniversary.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,020 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Quinta Troppo-What's nearby?

It's a GREAT location! Easy walk down to La Ropa, easy walk to several good (and great!) restaurants.

San Diego
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Quinta Troppo-What's nearby?

How long is the walk to the pier (basketball court)?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,020 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Quinta Troppo-What's nearby?

I would say about a 20-30 minute walk-depending how fast you stroll!

Uphill (very steep) for about five minutes, then over the hill and down to Playa Madera, from there you either take the ocean-side boardwalk or Calle Adelita straight into downtown. :)

San Diego
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Quinta Troppo-What's nearby?

Thanks Rissask. That sounds like a nice way to work off some tacos!

8. Re: La Quinta Troppo-What's nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo