We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

todays exchange rate

Minnesota
10 posts
Save Topic
todays exchange rate

Can anyone tell me the exchange rate for us dollar in zih today, a bank or money exchange

Big Apple
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: todays exchange rate

13.38 when I checked earlier this am.

2. Re: todays exchange rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 13:04
BC
Level Contributor
4,226 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: todays exchange rate

I think the OP is wondering what exchange rate the cambios and/or banks in Zihua are offering, not the interbank rate.

Minnesota
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: todays exchange rate

I was wondering what thee difference would be buying pesos here versus the hassle going to a bank in zih,see we travel the old fashion way with cash

BC
Level Contributor
4,226 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: todays exchange rate

I am in Canada, but at one of my banks, I can buy Mexican pesos at a 5 percent difference from the interbank rate. No other fees. I feel this is fairly reasonable, so I'll buy $100 worth to have enough to get me started, then I usually use the ATM but have also exchanged traveller's cheques in Mexico (special circumstances).

I've seen cambios in Mexico that give really bad rates, but they vary. Not sure about going into a bank. When are you going? I will be there in two weeks time and will try to have a look if the banks post the rate in their window.

I would think that if you could get your pesos at home for a 5 percent cost, that it would be worthwhile to save the time and hassle on your trip as USA dollars are limited in how much can be changed in Mexico and require copies of your passport, etc. So see if you would get 1268 pesos for every 100 US dollars (that would be 5 percent at today's rate) and decide from there.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: todays exchange rate

Got 13.22 at Banamex today.

BC
Level Contributor
4,226 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: todays exchange rate

Peddler, excellent rate. Is the bank open Sunday? And what did you need to do to change money, just line up in the general line up area and have a copy of your passport?

I've decided to bring some of my USA money to change, because it is just lying in my drawer and it wants to be spent! Also, is Banamex near the Scotiabank (which I've used before)? Thanks.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: todays exchange rate

No That's ATM rate. Banamex is on Ejido across from "Anys".

I am told you must bring your passport & there is a limit to how much you can exchange in cash.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
900 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: todays exchange rate

You need to give the bank a copy of your passport every time you exchange money. You are allowed to change $1500. per person, per month. We always used the Scotia bank, there was usually only a short line compared to the others. It was an easy transaction.

BC
Level Contributor
4,226 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: todays exchange rate

Ok thanks. The OP was asking about rates if they brought cash to exchange, that is why I was wondering if a bank was open on a Sunday.