We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach to hang out at.

Arlington...
5 posts
Save Topic
Best Beach to hang out at.

We are going to Zihuatanejo for the first time in March Staying at Hotel Irma. What beach would be the best to hang out at to relax and enjoy a few drinks.

Escanaba, Michigan
Level Contributor
179 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach to hang out at.

any of the beaches! we just got back from the Irma! went down and hung out at the end of lamadera Beach. the last rest before the walk way begins, spend 2 days at Laperla on Laropa. spent an after noon over at las gatas. anywhere where the sun is shinning, your feet in the sand and drinking a cold beer is perfect. some people complain about having to rent chairs at varies places along the beaches, In my opinion, if you can afford to go to Mexico on vacation, you shouldn't be complaining about a chair rental! enjoy! we were in Zihua for 18 days and its not long enough!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach to hang out at.

Way to do it! Why not try a different beach every day or two? Each one has something different to offer. La Madera is quiet, with dark sand. La Ropa has options of ski jets, etc., with golden sand and lots of restaurants to choose from. Las Gatas is a bit of an adventure- some decent snorkelling and lots of restaurants also. It's all the same water in the same bay, the suns shines everywhere, and there is sand...all the same, but different....like kibbles and bits! Wherever you hang out, you are sure to have a great vacation!

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach to hang out at.

In defense of LaPerla charging for rental of their chairs...their beer prices are actually cheaper than a few other places right on laropa (love those other places too)....and what you pay in a chair fee for the day you will save in Beer prices if you or your partner enjoy ice cold ones in a bucket.

Have fun...I say...sample ALL the beaches...it's a wonderful area. Have a great trip.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,610 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach to hang out at.

Our favourites are La Ropa and Las Gatas. :)

Both are easy to get to staying at the Irma. You can walk over the hill to La Ropa and then either walk along the rocks to Las Gatas from there, or walk to the main pier and take a water taxi to Las Gatas.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
909 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Beach to hang out at.

I agree with Rissak La Ropa and Las Gatas. I think that Las Gatas was my favourite as it is so calm and clear but it is rocky so water shoes are advisable. I loved La Ropa at night, sitting having dinner and watching the moonbeams dancing on the water - magical.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Beach to hang out at.

Again, La Ropa and Las Gatas are our favourites. Love Rossy's on La Ropa, no charge for chairs etc. just order drinks or snacks. This was the first restaurant we tried many... years ago on our first visit , still like the atmosphere ,friendly staff, great drinks and lunches. We would always find someone to take us over by boat to

Las Gatas just a few steps from Rossy's . Las Gatas has nice calm water, go early if you snorkel as it gets busy in the afternoon. The beach is lined with places to stop for a drink or meal. Some of the treats that the vendors sell along the beach are great, we have never been sick from any of the food in Zihua or Ixtapa.

Just watch that heat and wear your sunscreen . Have fun!

Edited: 25 February 2014, 13:01
Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Beach to hang out at.

The good news is you get to figure that out, the answer is the one that makes you smile and say Ah this is paradise.

Arlington...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Beach to hang out at.

Thank you for your answer we will be trying different beaches and amazing food every day. I have heard that Chula Vida is a cool place to hang out. have you been there?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,610 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Beach to hang out at.

Yes, that is at Barra de Potosi, we were only there once but it was a great place to hang out at for the day, eating and drinking and lazing in the hammocks there. :)

10. Re: Best Beach to hang out at.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:18