We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Adriana...

British Columbia
Level Contributor
52 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Adriana...

We arrived home a week ago after our first trip to Zihuatanejo; spent 5 fabulous weeks there. The first 2 at Casa Adriana on Madera beach and the last 3 weeks at Residencial Los Mangos complex in La Ropa. I will follow up with our last 3 weeks within the next day or so. I can tell you now that we are returning to Zihua for 5 weeks next year. We have been to many places on the East and West coast of Mexico and this place and one other (Isla Mujeres) had/has us returning for a 2nd time.

Casa Adriana:

"We stayed in room #12 for two weeks mid January 2014, it was fabulous! The bedroom had a king size bed and a single and the very large sliding doors opened onto an expansive, covered, outside living area with a full kitchen, comfortable furniture and a view to die for...wow! Opening the curtains and stepping out into this area each morning was breathtaking; blue skies, beauty of the Bay with all the sailboats, birds singing, coffee in hand....ahhhhhh, so peaceful and private!! C. Adriana is close to all the excellent choices of restaurants and shopping in Zihua; we ate out 12 of our 14 nights; good thing we moved over to La Ropa area for 3 weeks, tended to eat in a bit more...not much though, haha. C. Adriana is right on Madera beach and we were in the ocean EVERY day. A young man named Roberto, rents kayaks (and can get Hobie Cats, paddle boards) from his little business at the bottom of the stairs; massage is also available. Chairs/tables/umbrellas on the sand - free of charge to guests of C.A. There are two things I want to share about C. Adriana that are for awareness purposes only. The only bathroom, in the bedroom area, does not have a door, only strings of small wooden ornaments; not the "best door" for modest individuals. The 2nd comment is about the exercise you will get going up to this room - 117 stairs from beach to room! We are a mid 50's couple and in pretty good physical condition but sometimes these stairs were a deterrent to us "running up" to the room for something we forgot. All in all, I highly recommend this small hotel on Madera beach. Lucy and her staff are to be commended for their excellent service/response/information and smiles for the guests. Oh...La Teracita, their family restaurant is just a few minutes away - excellent food!!"read less

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Adriana...

So glad you enjoyed your time here in Zihua. Looking forward to seeing you here again next year.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,699 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Adriana...

Thanks for the report, looking forward to the one on Los Mangos too.

Aren't the views amazing!?!

We also loved Isla Mujeres...although I would avoid it in high season....apparently this winter has been very crowded. Much more room to breathe during high season in Zihua.

3. Re: Casa Adriana...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 06:17