We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A little nervous

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Topic
A little nervous

I'm set to travel to Zihua next week, but upon hearing a man was just found dismembered nearby I am starting to question whether or not I should go. I'm a female, early 30's, traveling alone. I'm staying at a pretty fancy resort, but my main concern is the taxi to and from the airport. Can anyone allay my fears? Thanks in advance.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,802 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: A little nervous

exactly. :)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: A little nervous

Since she posted on the 19th, chances are that she is already there enjoying herself.

Keith

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
901 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: A little nervous

I live in Airdrie and I am not the least bit nervous. What happened here was a tragic but targeted event that could happen anywhere including Zihua. We are careful, aware of our surroundings, and don't partake in illegal activities wherever we travel. We love Zihua and would not cancel any travel plans. In fact, we will be there for 5.5 weeks this fall and very much looking forward to our visit.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: A little nervous

You know, I had the same concerns before I got here. But once, I got here my fears dissipated. Although, I'm not traveling alone, the taxis are safe. This town is very friendly. If wouldn't travel off the beaten path though. Enjoy!!!

Chika

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: A little nervous

Hey there everyone! Thanks for all of your replies. I'm actually leaving tomorrow and thanks to everyone here I'm now really excited. Hooray!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: A little nervous

Enjoy! Perhaps you will return with a report of your vacation???

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,802 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: A little nervous

Echoing Linda- please do come back and give us a little report on how your trip went- have a great time!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: A little nervous

Hope that you have a Great Trip!!!!!

Keith

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: A little nervous

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

30. Re: A little nervous

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo