We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

I apparently got the last two digits of the year lopped off on my header. It's thru 3/31/2015

For anybody that's getting ready to book or have already booked:

ORBITZ is running a promo code for 2 days 8/27-8/28.

I just cancelled and rebooked my trip and saved 20% I was quite surprised that it worked. Usually it excludes so many things that it never works for me.

48 hours to save an extra 20% on our best

hotel deals with code: BYEBYE20 - The code must be entered in upper case!!!!

Book by 8/28 for travel through 3/31.

Edited: 27 August 2014, 18:21
Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

And for package deals......

Save $150 on flight + hotel packages

Promo code: 150VACA

Minimum stay: 4 nights

Minimum spend: $1000

Exclusions: Las Vegas, NV

Book by December 31, 2014, travel by March 31, 2015

Keith

Gurnee, Illinois
Level Contributor
432 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

Thanks happy2bwarm! I was able to save another $100+ off our stay at Las Brisas.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

Sweet!

I used the vaca150 when booking for our end of October trip which brought the trip down to just under Pricelines quote.

I like Orbitz if I can get them cheaper.

One main reason is that during The Season, I can search and book a Business Class ticket and then Add Hotel to get the package deal.

Most other sites will only package Coach.

Keith

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
396 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

The flight durations out of Canada are awful, upwards of 29 hours ... just not worth it

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,949 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

What do you mean, Andy? We have booked West Jet and other direct flights to Mexico on Orbitz?

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
396 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

When I looked yesterday , all that was there was horrible connections in January ... guess I should have been more specific.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,949 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

oh, ok, I see what you mean.

I find on Orbitz and Expedia, the first returns you will get usually have terrible connections. (We use Expedia 90% of the time to book). But once you select a package and then can click through and select your flight, you get better ones. For more money of course, haha.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

Oh My!

I guess we have our work cut out for us today!

Okay Class.

Airfare 101

1) Use Kayak.com (or the like) and select for +/- 3 days on both your expected departure and return dates.

2) Use the filters to get rid of flights that you will never take. I.E. over night (redeye).

3) Use the sort function to order the remaining flights as you wish to see them. I.E. shortest flight, Connecting airports. Whatever.

4) Now that you have found the flight that you want, copy the flight numbers, and begin to search for your vacation on the sites like Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia.

5) Pick your hotel, and don't forget to click the Change Flight and search for the flight that you selected in step 4.

Ta Da.

Keith

Edited: 28 August 2014, 19:43
Saskatoon
Level Contributor
396 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

I have never used either, always a TA . Our current pkg. has great fights but those come at a price and of course the charters cut

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,949 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ORBITZ discount for bookings thru 8/28 - travel thru 3/31/20

Keith- I am sure that works, but it sounds like a lot more work than what I do- go to Expedia and do a 'flight + hotel' search, knowing my dates roughly, pick the hotel I want, then find the flight.

(Flights from here are pretty limited, since we try to avoid connections in the US...there is usually only a couple different flights we would possibly do.)

We haven't used a TA in over a decade for easy trips. For my trip to Kenya/Munich, I used one. And thank goodness I did, as she somehow managed to get us on Business Class on all three flights on the way there, for $300 total! Which was unbelievable.

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo