We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight bus from Mexico City to Guanajuato safety?

Argentina
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight bus from Mexico City to Guanajuato safety?

Hi' I'm travelling to Mexico and I want to minimize my daytime travel time to maximize time on the ground, however I'm concerned about the safety of taking an overnight bus from Mexico City to Guanajuato. I hear mixed stories about the safety of overnight buses, so if anyone has an opinion it would be much appreciated.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,355 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight bus from Mexico City to Guanajuato safety?

That part of the country is generally considered safe.

…state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_6033.html

The deluxe buses, likewise. I would make the trip with no worries.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight bus from Mexico City to Guanajuato safety?

There aren't any overnight buses as such, since it's a journey of a little over four hours. Long-distance buses in Mexico are comfortable and safe and a lot faster than in Argentina. No full flat beds on the overnight services though.

Edited: 20 July 2013, 00:36
Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight bus from Mexico City to Guanajuato safety?

My wife & I took a overnight that originated in Leon leaving there at 11:00 PM to Zihuatanejo arriving about 7:00 AM an hour earlier than the schedule called for.

Not the same journey but it was perfect. Peaceful & serene. We slept most of the way arriving refreshed.

Argentina
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight bus from Mexico City to Guanajuato safety?

Hi thanx all for your replies

5. Re: Overnight bus from Mexico City to Guanajuato safety?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:18