We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Service or Driving to Mexico City

Which Cuernavaca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucks County...
Level Contributor
24 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Service or Driving to Mexico City

We are staying in Cuernavaca for a week and will rent a car to get to and from M/C airport plus a day trip to Taxco.

How should we get into Mexico City to see the Archeological Museum? Also Temples of the Sun and Moon.

Is there a way to drive near to the city and then take public transportation. I've found lots of information on the airport bus, but can't locate anything about the schedule of buses leaving Cuernavaca for Mexico City, itself.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Service or Driving to Mexico City

First class buses to Mexico City leave every 10 minutes from the "Centro" bus terminal - see www.pullman.mx. You could then use the subway (very cheap - just a few pesos each ride) or take a taxi. Driving into Mexico City would not be recommended. In fact I would suggest you get a bus direct from Mexico City airport to Cuernavaca (you don't even have to leave the airport) and return the same way. Then rent a car in Cuernavaca and return it there. That will save you the hassle and stress of navegating Mexico City and its associated traffic.

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
24 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Service or Driving to Mexico City

Thanks. Just what I needed.

Do you have thoughts on getting to Teotihuacan as a day trip?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Service or Driving to Mexico City

Teotihuacan can be done by public transport - buses leave regularly from the Norte bus terminal and it takes about an hour from there. There are many tour options that will pick you up from your Mexico City hotel. But if you are coming from Cuernavaca then it's a long way because it's right the other side of the city. (The Cuernavaca buses go to the South terminal called Taxqueña amd so you'd have to take a long subway ride or cab journey to the north terminal.) So however you do it it might take as long as 3 hours each way (even by private car).

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Service or Driving to Mexico City

A suggestion for you Taxco trip. On saturdays, and only saturdays, a huge market (tianguis) is set up where they sell silver at amazing low prices. I only go on saturdays because I love to go get beautiful silver jewelry. BUT this causes Taxco to be fuller and a little more busy than any other regular day. So, if u want relaxation and sight seeing, then any other day. If you want silver awesome stuff, trust me, this day is amazing. If u do go, be sure to buy silver and not silver plated. Silver plated is more shinny and cost almost nothing because its no good. LUCK!

DeLand, Florida...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Service or Driving to Mexico City

Absolutely, take the bus directly from the the air terminal. They are first quality, comfortable with tvs, stewardesses serving beverage and snacks and the cost minimal. Better than in the US for sure.

I travel to Cuernavaca several times a year - whenever my budget allows just to visit the close friends I've made. It is a great city with great people! Enjoy!.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Service or Driving to Mexico City

can you rent a car with driver in cuernavaca?

7. Re: Bus Service or Driving to Mexico City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:41