We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disappeared negative review of Westin Guadalajara

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
416 reviews
Save Topic
Disappeared negative review of Westin Guadalajara

Efren DE posted a negative review of the Westin Guadalajara. I happened to be at the hotel the same nights of the flood and lights going out and also watched the inept staff not giving a care in the world about guest safety. I private messaged him and was glad to hear the hotel reached out to him and offered him two nights for free so that he would once again like the hotel. Not sure if he went but odd that his negative review disappeared. Sounds like a complaining hotel manager to me.

vancouver
Level Contributor
390 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disappeared negative review of Westin Guadalajara

This is the trend nowadays when companies that get a negative review will make an offer to the reviewer in return for a refund or as in this case, a complementary visit. Ebay does this, I have been offered to take off my negative review for a refund, which I declined. Since I discovered this aspect, I kind of don't base my opinion fully on positive reviews, but will definitely base it on the negative reviews, if any. Sad, but true.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disappeared negative review of Westin Guadalajara

Thanks. I certainly lost my respect for Tripadvisor here.

3. Re: Disappeared negative review of Westin Guadalajara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:17