We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Airport to Hotel Morales

Which Guadalajara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
From Airport to Hotel Morales

Hi all,

I have been reading posts in this forum regarding bus transport from airport into town. Most of the info I have found was posted in 2007 or 2008 and mainly about taxi transport into town. While taxi seems like an affordable and easy option, I would like to take the bus into town if possible.

I have read about bus station in town (from Lonely Planet) but I am not sure how far that is from Hotel Morales. Can someone help? I appreciate your info. Many thanks in advance.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Airport to Hotel Morales

From the airport, you have at least two options that I'm aware of. First, you can take the taxi, which is much faster. A taxi would cost you about 20 dollars (250 to 300 pesos). Secondly, you can take a bus from the airport's bus station (Terminal Terrestre) to the Central Nueva de Camiones (the largest bus station in the city) which is actually located in Tlaquepaque, a suburb that forms part of the larger Guadalajara metropolitan area. From there, you have several buses that will take you in the direction of Hotel Morales, including the bus 616. I'm not sure exactly how far it will drop you off from Hotel Morales, but it's not far. There are a couple of other buses that go in that general direction from the Central Nueva. One is the Tur bus (which costs 11 pesos, as opposed to the normal 6.50 fare that most buses charge); and the other is the Premier bus. For these last two, you have to walk outside of the bus station depot as they don't enter the main bus station area. If you have a lot of luggage, taking any of these buses might be a royal pain. The other disadvantage of doing it this way is the length of time. I guesstimate that it will be probably be at least 2 hours before you get to your hotel once you leave baggage claim and customs.

There are buses that go from the airport to the city, but I'm not sure where you take these and I've never met a local (tapatio) who has done this.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Airport to Hotel Morales

Hi Hans,

My guess is that taxi might be a better option. I have very little baggage; one large backpack!

Hawthorne...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Airport to Hotel Morales

I found this! airportconciergeservice.com/shopping/index.p… It is a shuttle that is about $30 from the airport to Hotel Morales. I'm not sure if I'm using this or a taxi this weekend when I travel but it's an option!

Edited: 08 November 2013, 22:28
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Airport to Hotel Morales

@Academic: they may provide good service, but that's more expensive than taking a taxi. Taxis in Guadalajara are plentiful and reliable, especially the ones at the airport.

5. Re: From Airport to Hotel Morales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 06:18