We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 hour layover Guad airport - what to do?

Napa, California
Level Contributor
87 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
10 hour layover Guad airport - what to do?

2 adults & 1 -7 yr old. This Sunday we have 10 hour layover at Guad airport on way home. Any suggestions on a good outing for us within taxi ride of airport? Thanks

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 hour layover Guad airport - what to do?

I think you have two options. One is to spend a few hours in the historical center (ask to go to the Centro Historico). The other, perhaps a bit more entertaining for your son/daughter, is a trip to Tlaquepaque. A cab ride to either from the airport will be about 20 dollars each way. A third option would be to take a cab to Lake Chapala and spend a few hours in either the town of Chapala or Ajijic. The cab to either of those places will be a bit more (probably 35 dollars or so each way). If you do go to the towns of Chapala or Ajijic, you can take a boat ride to one of the islands, eat seafood, and stroll around either of these towns (both on the shores of Lake Chapala).

To get into town, you buy your taxi ticket from the both at either of the exits from the airport. Then, just give the ticket to the next driver available. You'll rarely have to wait for a cab at the airport.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 hour layover Guad airport - what to do?

Let me see.... if I only had 10 hours in GDL I would definitely go to Tlaquepaque as you can easily kill over 4 hours there just walking around checking out the shops and what not. Tlaquepaque is big place but when tourist refer to it they are talking about independencia eje street. Lots of shops, artisans, cool place really. If you do make it there I recommend eating at el abajeno retaurant (corner of reforma and francisco de miranda which is 2 blocks from independencia eje street). Great food, nice atmosphere and I always make it point to eat there.

But IMO that is all that I would do as it gives plenty of time to get there, check it all out and come back with time to kill.

3. Re: 10 hour layover Guad airport - what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara