We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soccer/Futbol

Which Guadalajara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
American girl in OZ
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Soccer/Futbol

Hi,

We are possibly interested in seeing the Chivas soccer/futbol match at the Omnilife Stadium on Sunday, March 30th.

Is this something that would be okay for a 4 year old to attend (family friendly event, safe)? If so, how do we get tickets (can't seem to find anything online). Finally, we are staying in tlaquepaque (at Quinta Don Jose)- would be taxi be the best way to get to & from the stadium?

Thank you!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soccer/Futbol

There was violence at that stadium during the match this past weekend. Most people go without incident, but the fans can sometimes get rowdy. Usually, it's worse if Chivas are playing America or Atlas.

espnfc.com/blog/_/name/guadalajara/id/645…

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soccer/Futbol

Hello, I you ask me I would take my nephew to the match the point here is that it might be kinda difficult to get tickets. Last week's incident was not at Omnilife stadium it was at the estadio Jalisco and in my personal opinion the incident was generated (among other factors) because the Jalisco stadium was built in the 1960's and its layout and design does not allow the installation of proper check points. Omnilife stadium is way safer in all aspects and can be easily compared to any MLS, NFL, MLB stadium.

vancouver
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soccer/Futbol

When does the 2014/15 schedule come out?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soccer/Futbol

The season until the end of 2014 has already started (2 weeks in). For the schedule for the remainder of the year see www.ligamx.net/

I don't think the 2015 half-season (January-May) schedule gets finalized until December. (The matches are in the same order as for THIS season but days/times differ slightly.)

5. Re: Soccer/Futbol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 07:15