We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talavera Pottery & Tin Mirrors

Rio Rancho
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Talavera Pottery & Tin Mirrors

Can anyone tell me the best places to obtain Talavera Pottery and Tin Mirrors? We are in the process of building a new home and we wish to decorate with these items.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Talavera Pottery & Tin Mirrors

In Mexico, discussions of the production/design of Talaveria-style pottery and tiles seem most often concentrated on what comes out of the states of Puebla and Tlaxcala. Following behind those two states you'll hear talk of similar products being produced in the state of Guanajuato. Specifically, in the small town/city of Dolores Hidalgo (located between the cities of San Miguel de Allende and Guanajuato). Afficianados will most likely say that the products from Puebla are superior to what comes from Dolores Hidalgo - I'm not certain I can tell the difference (oh, the Puebla stuff will be more expensive!).

As for tin mirrors, I'm not as up-to-speed on them as I am the pottery/tile. As you'd expect, there are several types of tin mirrors produced. I do know that these mirrors are fashioned in and around San Miguel de Allende, GTO and also (a different style) in the state of Oaxaca.

Some SMA fans/residents post to this forum and I'm expecting that one or more will chime-in with some helpful specifics.

Indianapolis...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Talavera Pottery & Tin Mirrors

Where can you get the best prices on Talavera pottery?

Arendal, Norway
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Talavera Pottery & Tin Mirrors

If you are up to it drive down to Dolores Hidalgo and load it up with goodies! Valenciana, GTO also has some deals especially on silver (ask about the Black Silver).

Saludos

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Talavera Pottery & Tin Mirrors

I found lots of beautiful tin mirrors in Tlaquepaque, a suburb of Guadalajara. Lots of beautiful crafts there and in Tonala.

Arendal, Norway
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Talavera Pottery & Tin Mirrors

You Should Check Out The Mez Art That is Up Here In The GTOROCKS AREA...b.o.n.g.o.!

Did you ever visit the PLAYAS of GTOROCKS?

Search engines....Gtorocks = REAL MEJICO!