We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Language schools

Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Language schools

I am interested in returning to Guanajuato to attend one of the Spanish language schools. I would be interested in hearing about the experiences and recommendations of others. I would also be interested in schools in Queretaro, Guadalajara, and other cities, but Guanajuato is my favorite.

Houston
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Language schools

Hello Houston. I am going soon (late October) and would be happy to share with you my findings. I think I am doing http://www.academiafalcon.com , but not yet decided. Note... I am Houston too.

Mark

houtex34@hotmail.com

Arendal, Norway
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Language schools

There are plenty of insitutions here they are all good! Try the Falcon and Don Quijote...Suerte!

Saludos

Jeep Master Ponce

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Language schools

Depending upon the reasons for your study (recreation vs. job/life requirements), San Miguel de Allende and/or Cuernavaca might be cities to concentrate on when you look for schools. Both are considered the locations of the finer programs in Mexico, from what I know of the situation. Guanajuato is a pretty city, though, and if it's recreational learning you want then it's about as good a choice as any. SMA would be my first choice, however.

Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Language schools

I studied at Instituto Miguel de Cervantes this summer. For beginners I believe the program is fairly good. However, for the advance level I was not impressed...there were no textbook available ...

Someone visited Don Quijote school and was impressed. Personnaly , I loved the city of Puebla and would go there next time to study.

Seattle, Washington
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Language schools

I studied at Academia Falcon in the spring and am returning again this month for another 2 week stay. I've studied at other schools (not in Mexico) and was very happy with the curriculum at Falcon. I've studied two years at the community college level so I followed their intermediate classes and was impressed. Others who were taking beginning level classes seemed happy if not overwhelmed at times. I'd be happy to share more, if it's not too late. Buen suerte.

canada
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Language schools

I'm considering attending the Falcon language school in Guanajuato in Jan/06 and would like to know more about it: central location? home stays with families? reasonably priced restaurants nearby? organized inter-cambios with mexicans? any downside to the school?

I'm at a high beginner or low intermediate level in Spanish.