We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2010 Cervantino Festival

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
2010 Cervantino Festival

Hi all,

I just read in today's Correo (one of Guanajuato's newspapers) that this year's International Cervantes Festival (number 38) will last an extra week, so we'll celebrate for 26 days.

The featured countries this year are Columbia, Argentina and Chile; the featured Mexican states are Querétaro and Chihuahua.

The mayor said the starting date for the festival will be announced in the next week or two. I'll keep my eye on the news and will post the dates as soon as they are announced.

Here is the link to the article (in Spanish):

www.correo-gto.com.mx/notas.asp?id=149653

I hope lots of you can come and take part in the festivities!

Happy travels!

Cindi

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
381 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 2010 Cervantino Festival

Thanks so much! Some great ideas. I'm really looking forward to it!

Level Contributor
106 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: 2010 Cervantino Festival

If you are staying at a hotel or B&B for the Cervantino, someone at the hotel probably can assist you with getting tickets for performances. We are going to spend two nights at the end of October at the Alma del Sol B&B, and the wonderful manager there, Hugo, has already bought us tickets for the 4 events we wanted to attend (and he got a discounted price on the tickets!) and he also made arrangements for us to go see the Expo 2010/Bicentennial extravaganza as well as afternoon comida reservations at one of the most wonderful places in town, Las Mercedes. So, if you haven't found your tickets yet and you are staying at some place with a manager or concierge, have them assist you! Reservations everywhere are a must during this very popular festival, unless you enjoy the stress of trying to find something at the last minute.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
381 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 2010 Cervantino Festival

Hi,

Yep we have reservations already, and I have bought some tickets through Ticket Master.

We are also booked in to Las Mercedes, really looking forward to that meal!

Enjoy your trip :)

24. Re: 2010 Cervantino Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 06:19