We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Zuniga

canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Casa Zuniga

Hello We will be arriving to Guanajuato Oct 4 and will be staying till the 9/10th. We are looking for accomodation and from what i've read about casa zuniga, sounds great. Would anybody know the cost per night at this hotel?

Also...would it be safe enough to just arrive and look for a hotel and just book in person?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Zuniga

Local DE Cindi might be away so let me pitch in.

If you go to the Casa Zuniga website you can click on availability and see what rooms are free during your time frame and what the rates are.

Weekends are always busy in Guanajuato so it's best to book ahead, especially in the run-up to the Cervantino. This doesn't start this year until the 13th, so you won't face the usual price gouging that many hotels indulge in from that date onwards.

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Zuniga

Hi yugomex,

It looks like Casa Zuñiga only has one room available for the entire time you'll be in Guanajuato. It's $67 USD a night according to the web site. If you wanted to change to a different room after your first night, there are two other rooms available, one at $77 USD a night and one at $87 USD a night.

I've seen all the rooms and stayed one night in the Morgan Room (the $87/night room). The room was very comfortable and spacious and has a private balcony with a fantastic view of the city.

Casa Zuñiga is a very homey place, the breakfasts are fabulous and Rick and Carmen and great people.

I agree with Londinense (thanks for pitching in!) that it's better to book ahead, especially this year with all the Bicentennial/Centennial activities and the upcoming Cervantino Festival.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have other questions.

Have a great time!

Cindi

Edited: 26 September 2010, 22:43
3. Re: Casa Zuniga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2011, 06:16