We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guanajuato in November (1st weeken of month)??

Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cs4
laredo, texas
Level Contributor
145 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Guanajuato in November (1st weeken of month)??

Just wondering if anything good nov 1-4. Dia de los muertos?? Staying at Hotel1850. Anything good happening?

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guanajuato in November (1st weeken of month)??

Hi cs4,

You will be in town for the Day of the Dead, so be sure to walk around downtown to see the various altars. Some are quite elaborate.

Here is a web site with a calendar of events. November events have not yet been posted, so keep checking back:

www.guanajuatocapital.mx/index.php…

You might enjoy a callejoneada, which begin around 8 p.m. on weekend nights in front of the San Diego church...the church next to Teatro Juarez in front of the Jardin de la Union. Here is a web site that describes the event:

www.whatguanajuato.com/estudiantinas.html

There may be an orchestra concert at Teatro Principal or perhaps an event at Teatro Juarez during your stay. There are usually signboards in the Jardin announcing upcoming concerts and theater productions.

You may want to ask the desk clerk or manager at your hotel for information on events.

Have a great time!

Cindi

Central WA State
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guanajuato in November (1st weeken of month)??

Cindi, I'd love to ask you some questions-is there a way to send a message to just you? (I attended Escuela Mexicana in 2008 and your Pre-trip advice was so helpful!)

Jenny

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guanajuato in November (1st weeken of month)??

Hi Jenny,

You can ask here on the forum if your questions are travel-related. If they do not relate to travel, you can send me a private message as Trip Advisor tends to delete threads on the forum that are not specifically about travel.

I am happy that I was able to help you prior to your 2008 trip!

Cindi

4. Re: Guanajuato in November (1st weeken of month)??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2013, 10:15