We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piano/Math tutors in GTO

Which Guanajuato hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ashland
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Piano/Math tutors in GTO

Buenos Dias,

My family is coming to GTO mid-December through the end of January. TA has been extremely helpful to us. In perusing the topics we have found a great apartment, language school, info on how to work from Mexcio etc...Thanks to all who generously volunteer your knowledge and your time. It is invaluable.

Here is my question for this posting:

I would like to get connected with a piano teacher and math tutor in GTO before our arrival in December. We are taking our kids, ages 7 and 10, out of school here in Ashland, Oregon to study Spanish in GTO. I don't want them to get too far behind in their studies and would like them to work with an English speaking tutor. We are looking for someone to work with them in math.

We are also looking for someone to teach my older daughter piano. She reads music and has played for 5 years. A Spanish speaking piano teacher I think would be okay in this case. Any thoughts where can I go to find specific information such as this?

Lastly, my husband and I would like to continue to take exercise classes (en espanol) but are not sure where we can do this.

Any ideas or thoughts are much appreciated.

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Piano/Math tutors in GTO

Hi Rainy2,

For piano lessons, you might check with Casa de Cultura or perhaps with the University of Guanajuato School of Music, though both may be closed during much of your stay.

You could also post your questions on this forum for expats here in Guanajuato to see if someone can give you some suggestions:

www.gtolist.com/forum/mybb1/forumdisplay.php…

Have a great visit!

Cindi

Ashland
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Piano/Math tutors in GTO

Cindi,

Thanks so much for the suggestions. They are much appreciated.

Ashland
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Piano/Math tutors in GTO

Cindi,

Thanks for the link to the forum. What a great resource. I posted a few requests today.

Thanks again!

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Piano/Math tutors in GTO

Hi Rainy2,

You are very welcome!

You might want to check out the link to the Guanajuato Guru at the top of the Gto list forum for additional resources regarding your exercise class question.

Again, have a great visit!

Cindi

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
994 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Piano/Math tutors in GTO

I would also see if there is a Newcomers Club in Guanajuato. Newcomers is an international organization of English speakers. The club activities vary by location. They would be a good resource to have during your stay. Good luck!

6. Re: Piano/Math tutors in GTO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 10:15