We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Acambaro, GTO

Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Topic
Going to Acambaro, GTO

Hey everyone, this summer I'm planning on going to Mexico to meet my girlfriends family. They say the airport is in Morelia Michoacan and from there it's a 45 minute drive to Acambaro Guanajuato. I know a little of what is going on in Michoacan and that acambaro is right next to that state.

I was wondering how safe it would be? Both the drive and the stay in Acambaro, are there any problems I should look out for? Thank you in advance:)

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Morelia
Morelia
Michoacan, Mexico
Guanajuato
Guanajuato
Guanajuato, Mexico
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Acambaro, GTO

I would think your GF's family would be able to put your mind at ease, since they live there. I can't imagine they'd let family be in harm's way. I have driven that area often with no issues whatsoever, for what its worth. Biggest threat was torrential rain and I couldn't see the road. That said, about 3 weeks ago a police chief was shot in Acambaro.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,504 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Acambaro, GTO

There are no current issues to cause you concern between Morelia and Acambaro but I would also consider the alternative airports of Leon (BJX) and Queretaro (QRO) which aren't that much further away. BJX will definitely have more flight options and probably lower prices.

Mentioned in this post
Morelia
Morelia
Michoacan, Mexico
Leon
Leon
Guanajuato, Mexico
Weslaco
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Acambaro, GTO

Im going to Acambarao , GTO this summer with my family to visit my dads side of the family and i would like to know if its safe over there? Were going to stay there for 2 weeks and i want to know if its safe for the traveling and staying ? Can someone please let me know. Thanks :)

Edited: 13 May 2014, 15:12
Weslaco
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Acambaro, GTO

Im going to Acambarao , GTO this summer with my family to visit my dads side of the family and i would like to know if its safe over there? Were going to stay there for 2 weeks and i want to know if its safe for the traveling and staying ? Can someone please let me know. Thanks :)

Edited: 13 May 2014, 15:14
5. Re: Going to Acambaro, GTO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:15