We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel recommendation for family

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
6 posts
Save Topic
hotel recommendation for family

I'm traveling to Mexico City with my children in May. Looking for a hotel recommendation. In a perfect world, maybe something with a pool? Would love suggestions for something comfortable, family friendly, and conveniently located. Willing to spend for nice accommodations!

Mexico DF
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel recommendation for family

I would recomend any hotel in the Polanco area, since its a safe place and you will be able to walk nearby, even at late hours. Avoid Zona Rosa, since it's not a nice place by night and you might find prostitution and other issues arround.

I you are willing to spend Marriot, and Presidente would be my opptions but you could also stay at the Nikko, or Four Seasons. The W is a trendy place that attracts locals for parting... So I wouldn't choose it for a family trip...

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel recommendation for family

Shayndl,

I just returned from Mexico City and stayed three nights at the Gran Melia Reforma. My daughters enjoyed the glass-roof pool room there. It is in the spa premises and they ask you to keep the noise level to the minimum to maintain the relaxation atmosphere. The Gran Melia Reforma is located between two Turibus stops but walking on Paseo de La Reforma is nice. The new Embassy Suites is located next block and I have heard it also has a swimming pool. Another hotel in that area is the CasaBlanca (hotel-casablanca.com.mx/idiomas/indexenglish…). Tou can read Goldmanm report here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150800-i164-k6305…

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
640 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel recommendation for family

The hotels around Polanco/the Museum of Anthroplogy, would suit your needs perfectly. My flight attendant best friend always feels safe there. Hotels around the historic district don't have pools. There is one (across from Alameda Park) that might have a pool.

If your children are younger, they'd love the Papalote Children's Museum in Chapultepec Park ... lots of hands on activities. The zoo is nice.

If they are older, the ruins will be best ... especially Teotihuacan. There are lots of things to explore out there and two pyramids to climb. I've been known to spend all day at either the Anthropolgy Museum or Teotihuacan.

Enjoy! My children have been to Mexico City many times and love it. Being from New York City, you already know to get a feel for what's going on around you before you head out of the hotel.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel recommendation for family

If you don't already have your plans made,I too think the Polanco area is your best bet. Even though I have stayed at the Gran Melia and really liked it, I like the Polanco area especially with children. I stayed at the Nikko and liked the proximity to the Turibus stop and Chapultepec Park. Plus there are some really good restaurants in the area. This is the link to my journal on traveljournals.net for a review.

www.traveljournals.net/stories/17415.html

And my Nikko review here

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150800-d152…

Have a great time.

5. Re: hotel recommendation for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 16:19