We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative taxi service for women

Loreto, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Loreto
Level Contributor
533 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Alternative taxi service for women

There is a new service in CDMX. Women drivers for women passengers. It's called Laudrive. This should ease the concern many solo traveling women have expressed about Uber and taxis.

https://www.laudrive.com/#ciudades

3 replies to this topic
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative taxi service for women

A few years back, there was an announcement of pink taxis driven by women for women. Not quite sure where this all ended up?

While I can understand why women might just feel safer being driven by women but I have to wonder if any of you have ever read about the antics of women within the cartels? Some really horrific stories out there about performances of these females. Since crooked male taxi drivers have no problem what gender they rob or murder - I have to wonder about the inclinations of their female counterparts?

Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative taxi service for women

This started earlier this year. Drivers need to pass a background check and random toxicology tests. It's more expensive than the likes of Uber.

Of course that women in drug cartels are vicious, but this is more of a reaction to old-fashioned gender violence, and not drug wars. People and the media are now starting to react to constant reports of harassment, assault and even random murder. Women are pushing many initiatives in social media to protect each other. This service is in line with that.

Level Contributor
51 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative taxi service for women

This sounds cool. Can the passengers be a family or women only? When my family and I visit I would rather give money to them than Uber for sure.

Reply to: Alternative taxi service for women
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted