We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earthquake

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,946 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Earthquake

I just wanted to express my concern and sympathy for all the people of Mexico City. As a native San Franciscan this is our biggest nightmare and please know that you are in our thoughts and we will do all we can to assist you in this time of need. Having just visited DF a few months ago I know it is a beautiful city and hopefully many of the old buildings will survive this quake as they have in the past. Hopefully we can spare some first responders from Florida and Houston to help our friends in Mexico.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Florida
Florida
United States
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Early Morning Teotihuacan Pyramids...
928 Reviews
from US$37.35*
Free Cancellation
Teotihuacan Pyramids and Shrine of...
761 Reviews
from US$49.00*
Free Cancellation
Mexico City Super Saver: Coyoacán and...
218 Reviews
from US$43.00*
Free Cancellation
5 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earthquake

@Boraxo well said. I have a heavy heart with all that has happened with these hurricanes and earthquakes. I am in Tampa and we are still trying to recover all across Florida but I would like to express my concern and sympathy as well for Mexico City. I have a trip planned there in Dec/Jan with my son and I have been watching the news continuously. I will continue to pray for the people in Mexico City.

¡Viva México!

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Florida
Florida
United States
Mexico City
Mexico City
Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Earthquake

Thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers, I am a Mexico City resident and I was born here We really appreciate your support, fortunately as I am writing this on September 25 Monday I can tell you that the casualties were around 130 from a total of 8.9 millions people, is a little number, all the museums and historical landmarks will be opened tomorrow, they were already opened this past weekend, some damages are still being seen in Condesa and Roma which is the areas that are always affected in the earthquakes you may not be able to walk by those neighborhoods, but others like polanco and downtown is possible to walk there, some buildings are still closed for evaluation like the Sears building in downtown but others like the palace of fine arts will resume the performances, music and exposition tomorrow Tuesday since they are closed always on Mondays

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earthquake

Hello! Is the museo de antropologia opened? What about the teotihuacan pyramids?

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Earthquake

yes - open (closed all the time on Monday) for business this weekend. Goal is to get things back to normalcy.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earthquake

PS - sorry pyramids open every day - museums close Monday - Monday is a great day to go out to the pyramids.

Reply to: Earthquake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted