We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vallejo,CA
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

I know this is a last minute question thrown out there, but maybe someone has a quick answer. Three of us are going to be in Mexico City on the 16 of September 2007. I know , I know last minute question what can I expect. Just hoping someone's logged in.

On the evening of the 15th there is usually ( been there before) a huge gathering on the Zocalo with fireworks and entertainment. On the morning of the 16th there is a military parade, pretty impressive espically when a group of cadets march with these huge live eagles perched on their arms, and the eagles have their wings at full span. Kinda gets you right in your patriotic heart and brings a tear, if you know what I mean.

Here is my question: Since the 16th falls on a Sunday, will the bullfights still be held at 4PM at the bullfighting plaza ? I've tried to find the answer on the internet, but all I'am finding is tourist stuff and not specific enough information.

DF
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

the season begins in November in Mexico City. Sorry!

Los Angeles CA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

Similarly, I am going on October 28th. Any chance that they may start that early? Does anyone know whether a schedule is posted anywhere online?

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

Frustrating but it is never posted. There may be novatos on October 28, maybe not. You just have to ask around. Tickets are sold on Saturday morning for Sunday's bullfights at the bullring.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

Does anyone know if there will be bullfights over the Xmas holiday (dec23-30)? Thanks!

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

Asked a friend. You can go to the bullfights on Sundays in September to see less experienced matadors. There is a break in October (sorry - your date) and the season runs November 4 till around February 5.

Vallejo,CA
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

Just got back from my trip to Mexico City and no ,there were no bullfights happening at the time we were there. Sept 14th -20th. The only place we inquired was at the Bella Artes ticket window. Yep everyone pretty much told us the same thing, that the bullfight season starts in November.

US
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

there are bull fight in Tlaxcala, Oct 27 - Nov 17 about an hour or so -ish from mexico city... its a pretty big thing. and alot off bullfights going on. that would be your best bet for anything before november in that area.

heres the link

http://www.feriatlaxcala.gob.mx/fiestab.php

for other info and links go to

www.bullfights.org for other schedules closer to the us border.

USA
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

Hi we will be in Mexico City during this thanksgiving and are interested to see a bullfight.

Somewhere on the web I saw that bullfights are also available on Thursdays. Is this true? I tried the official website, but it is all spanish and seems like only showing schedule up till 9/07.

new york
Level Contributor
718 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

I'm also going to be in MC over Thanksgiving and just wanted to follow this thread. Thanks.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bullfight schedule in Mexico City

There will be bullfights on Sunday, November 25 (the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend). Thanksgiving is a regular working day in Mexico City. The main bull ring in Mexico City has no bullfights on Thursdays.