We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from airport to hotel and back

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
transfer from airport to hotel and back

What would be the best option for 1 person staying on Paseo Reforma? The hotel has a shuttle that costs $51 for a 1 way pickup and $15 for a 1 way drop off and I'm not even 100% sure that the drop off will work since it is on Easter Sunday.

A friend tells me that taxis cost about $20 from the airport, but limos (SUVs) cost about $50.

Any additional info? or advice? I'm still researching this.

thanks,

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from airport to hotel and back

The rate from the airport to your hotel is between $15 and $17USD in a regular taxi or $25USD in executive service. The hotel has taxis to take you back to the airport and I guess they shouldn't charge you more than $20USD (or $200MXN).

M

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from airport to hotel and back

So, just find the Taxis de Sitios taxi stand in the airport and go for a fixed rate taxi to my hotel from there? Or is there something more complicated?

thanks

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from airport to hotel and back

They have a fixed rate by zones. You buy your ticket at the authorized booth "TAXI SITIO 300" and they direct you to the cab.

No problem at all... just ignore people offerinng you a [cheaper unauthorized] taxi service.

M

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer from airport to hotel and back

Thank you, Miguel-Mex.

las floras

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer from airport to hotel and back

Taking one of the "Sitio 300" taxi's is the best advice you'll get. You can arrange, also, for the same company to come get you at your hotel and take you back to the airport - for a price less than you're charged going from the airport to the hotel. It's a very secure company to travel with and I highly recommend it.

When you exit the Customs area look around for a counter over which a sign reading "Sitio 300" is posted. If you don't see it just ask one of the luggage porters where it's at. The porters come in handy, also - and are often a very good value when you use them (maybe at a cost of US$0.50 per bag). Two types of vehicles are offered for travel: a "sedan" and a van (Chevy Suburban or similar van). The cost of traveing in the van is about double that charged for the sedan. The van is comfortable and is a good option when you have more than 3 people traveling with luggage. Expect to pay less than US$20 (MX$200) for the trip to hotels located on Paseo de la Reforma (most fares should be less tan MX$150, but it depends upon distance). Specify "sedan" to the counter attendant if you want the car vs. a van.

6. Re: transfer from airport to hotel and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 00:17