We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping for clothing in Mexico City

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
shopping for clothing in Mexico City

I'm coming in town from Thursday through Sunday this week and was wondering how easy/difficult it would be to purchase some random wool shawls or scarves? I remember buying and seeing some lovely similar items in Tlaxcala and at the shopping town a short distance away from Tlaxcala City a few years ago. I'm assuming that I will need one at night, but I'd rather purchase one as a souvenir than bring one with me.

What about other women's clothing?

APIZACO, TLAXCALA
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping for clothing in Mexico City

The town your thinking of is Santa Ana Chiautempan, right at the city limits of Tlaxcala. It's a textile town with all kinds of clothing plus shawls and sarapes at very economical prices. If you leave Mexico City early in the morning about 6 or 7 AM...take the ATAH bus line from TAPO bus station...you"ll arrive in Tlaxcala 2 hours later, catch any combis are bus that says Santa Ana in the window, costs 5 pesos...ten to 15 minutes from the Tlaxcala bus station...arrive in Santa Ana, do your shopping go back to Tlaxcala Central bus station catch an ejectutivo bus before 4PM and you'll get back to Mexico City before dark, Or get a hotel in Tlaxcala...I suggest the Hotel Real across the street from the Gigante supermarket.. a single is about 300 pesos...safe neighborhood and clean.

In fact most of the state of Tlaxcala is very tranquil.

2. Re: shopping for clothing in Mexico City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 06:29