We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relaxing in Mexico City Area

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Relaxing in Mexico City Area

I'm staying in MC for a few days following a business trip and am looking for ideas/recommendations for a place to stay within 1-2 hours from the airport that offers a beautiful and tranquil setting, and safe for a single female traveler.

I know I can stay at a BB or hotel in Mexico City, but wondering if anyone had any ideas as to something off the beaten path outside of the city.

Thanks! And PS, I'm traveling in Feb if that matters.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relaxing in Mexico City Area

Valle de Bravo or Cuernavaca are both popular out of town destinations. Assuming you do not have to leave after work on Friday, either will be 90 minutes out of town.

In Cuernavaca, Las Mañanitas is the classic place to stay but many other places are well liked and reported on Tripadvisor.

In Valle de Bravo, nice hotels are more expensive and harder to find. There are nice B&B's in town (Meson del Viento is a more expensive one) that are nice as then you are in walking distance to all.

Another option is to stay in town. Things do calm on weekends during the day time (a bit anyway). Any of the Polanco area hotels (W, JW Marriott, Nikko, Presidente Intercontinental) put you near wonderful museums and a great neighborhood for shopping and dining.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relaxing in Mexico City Area

Hacienda Vista Hermosa, in the nearby state of Morelos - it's a very special sort of place rich in history and amenities:

haciendavistahermosa.com.mx/la_hacienda.php

3. Re: Relaxing in Mexico City Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 12:26