We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there wheel chairs for rent in Teotihuacan?

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Topic
Are there wheel chairs for rent in Teotihuacan?

I will be visiting the Mexico city area at the end of March and I will be traveling with an older adult.

I will be staying at the Villa Arqueologica for 2 nights and it will be helpful to know if there are wheel chairs for rent at the Teotihuacan pyramids.

My older adult companion could use one to make things a little more enjoyable.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there wheel chairs for rent in Teotihuacan?

While improving, Mexico is not very wheelchair friendly. The pyramid zone (other than the museo del sitio) is a hard zone for wheelchairs with unpaved roads, pyramids and walls to climb, etc. The Anthropology Museum in Mexico City is wheelchair friendly but they do not lend you one. They have ramps, etc. I would suggest renting a wheelchair before you come to Mexico and take it with you. The Cruz Roja rents them here but it is a bit of a bureacratic hassle and I do not think the staff at Villas will be capable of doing that of you.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,261 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there wheel chairs for rent in Teotihuacan?

Teotihuacan definitely not optimimum for anyone in a wheelchair. Once you get off the main pathway, the path is broken up by stairs to climb up and down about every 20 feet. The whole walkway is like this - up and down.

I think you can get from the visitors center to 1 small structure/altar before those up/down stairs begin (I'm not talking about the stairs up to the Temple of the Sun or Temple of the Moon).

3. Re: Are there wheel chairs for rent in Teotihuacan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 21:23