We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico Area tour Co

Alberta
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico Area tour Co

Hi,

We would like to take tours to Teotihucan & Baslica for sure

and either tour to Coyoacan & Delores or to Xochimolco?? Which one would you suggest?

We only have 3 days unfortunately and need a day for Zocalo, National Palace, Chapultep Park and some shopping so really only have 2 days for the tours.

Also there was a tour company recommended on TA that did these tours but I have lost the name.

Thanks for your help

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico Area tour Co

Your hotel concierge will be able to set up a tour to Teotihuacan that includes the basilica. You can also visit both independently on public transport (use the search button to find out how).

By Delores do you mean the Dolores Olmedo Museum? You can combine it with Xochimilco. Bu the latter is really only worth visiting at the weekend when Mexicans will be partying there and it's fun.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico Area tour Co

Grayline Tours is a popular choice in Mexico City, especially so for a trip combining visits to the pyramids and the Basilica (same trip, same day):

grayline.com/Grayline/…mexicocity.go

Alberta
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico Area tour Co

Yes Delores Omedo Museum is the one I read hhighly recommended but Grayline Tours do Xochimico and Coyocan together. Yes we would do this on Sunday.

I guess we will leave out the Delores Olmedo museum.

they must be in opposite directions.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,148 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico Area tour Co

Museo Dolores Olmedo is a very short taxi ride from the docks in Xochimilco where you would get a trajinera. The museum is located in the Xochimilco neighborhood and is a highlight. Coyoacan is a busier area with a lot of restored buildings and also very nice. There is no reason not to do all three the same day. All are south with Xochimilco being about as far south as you would ever need to go in Mexico City. You can hire a driver from your hotel for the day to do all of these. If that is not an option, I would skip Coyoacán, which is more crowded and currently undergoing a lot of street renovation work.

http://www.museodoloresolmedo.org.mx/

5. Re: Mexico Area tour Co

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 20:17