We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far is marriot reforma from universidad anahuac?

colombia
Level Contributor
118 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
how far is marriot reforma from universidad anahuac?

hi i have to attend a conferefnce in mexico. the coference are in universidad anahuac. the hotel i should say is the radinson flamingo, but i wanted to stayed in marriot reforma since is on a nice neiborgh and my husband is going with me and he can sigthseen during the day and at nigth we can go to nice restaurants.. my questions is the marriot very far away from the university and how much a cab would charge me??

Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far is marriot reforma from universidad anahuac?

It all depends on the time when you will be moving to and from the university (which I assume is Anahuac Norte). At peak hour it can take up to an hour to do the trip and the taxi fare will depend on that. I think it might be anything between 80MXN and 150MXN.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far is marriot reforma from universidad anahuac?

Pack a lunch, for the long ride!

colombia
Level Contributor
118 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how far is marriot reforma from universidad anahuac?

actually it says perferico sur, mexico sur

Av. de las Torres #131, Col. Olivar de los Padres, C.P. 01780,is that downtown? what,s the name of the neighbor?is there ay tourist attraction? and the basilica of guadalupe far awyay?

Mexico City, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how far is marriot reforma from universidad anahuac?

So that is Campus Sur, which makes things even worse. Do not even attempt that, as you'd have to cross half of the city. That might take more than two hours.

Check this map out.

ols.uas.mx/infoweba/…20uams.pdf

As you can see, there's even a forest between the city and the univesrity.

The Basilica de Guadalupe is even further. You'd have to cross the whole city.

Sorry about that.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how far is marriot reforma from universidad anahuac?

As you can tell from prior posters, this is in the southern part of Mexico City. It is relatively far from Centro or Polanco or Condesa where many tourists stay.

The nearest hotels would be the Radisson Paraiso (which has a bridge crossing the Periferico Highway leading to the Perisur shopping mall which has a cinema to help kill time) and the Royal Pedregal.

Nearby is also Mexico City's Six Flags amusement park. The Cuicuilco shopping center has a branch of Museo Soumaya and pyramids right outside that are sort of interesting.

If you stay there you would be closer to the Coyoacan neighborhood which many tourists visit than you would be in the other locations.

Traffic on Periferico has improved in recent years as the Segundo Piso (2nd floor) of the highway is complete and open and construction is over. However, it will still take between 20 and 60 minutes depending on time of day and traffic luck if you stay at the Marriott Reforma.

Taxis are readily avaiable and can cross the city and go much further at lower rates than you would find most everywhere else. Do avoid those you hail and have your hotel or the university call one for you. You could go for US$20 from the Marriott Reforma to the university (one way) and maybe get a little change, but not much.

Nice restaurants in that area tend to be concentrated near Plaza Inn, still a taxi ride away. Hunan has a branch there of what I think is the best Chinese in the city.

I hope this helps somewhat.

6. Re: how far is marriot reforma from universidad anahuac?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 06:32