We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

returning to the US from Mexico City - swine flu

Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
returning to the US from Mexico City - swine flu

I'm supposed to vacation in D.F. May 15-19th, about 10 days after the schools are supposed to return to routine (May 6), but....there's no guarantee of anything.

So, I've sent an email to the owners of the RedTreeHouse, b&b, where I'm to be staying asking about more details.

Assuming I still travel down there, I'm wondering how the US is currently treating folks coming to the US from Mexico City? Is there any challenge? Are they threatening to quarantine anyone who has flu-symptoms? Or what? Is there a chance they will refuse to accept passengers disembarking in the US from Mexico City?

hmmmmm, much remains to be seen.....

I'm going to check my Delta website next.

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
882 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: returning to the US from Mexico City - swine flu

As long as you are demonstrating no symptoms, and the flights are flying, you should presumably be able to disembark in the US, no problem.

Your more immediate concern may be the airport in DF. News reports say that they are checking passengers for any flu like symptoms, and those people are not being permitted to board. A few years back, when connecting in DF, I was very sick with a bad stomach bug. I was obviously not doing well, as was obvious to all. A Dr., apparently working for the airport, approached me and tried to convince me that I should remain in DF for some treatment, or until I got better, before returning home. I replied with a big, "no gracias, me voy ahora."

2. Re: returning to the US from Mexico City - swine flu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 10:18