We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

San Jose, CA
8 posts
Save Topic
Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

Not sure if this is an appropriate question for forum:

Do you know of any inexpensive yet safe transportation service from airport to hotel? The hotel shuttle wants to charge me $90 USD!

Diamond Transportadora
City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Archaeology Tours
Amigo Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Travel 4 Life
Taxis & Shuttles
Calexico, California
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

Check the following for info on Authorized Taxis at the airport. aicm.com.mx/servicioausuarios_en/…

Calexico, California
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

The fares listed are in Pesos.

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

Which hotel are you staying at? Is the $90USD round trip or just picking you up?

San Jose, CA
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

We're going to stay at the Melia Reforma. The price is $70 USD one way and $90 USD round trip. I think these prices are outrageous. So I'm trying to get a sense of what the average price is. Is this a high price or is this what I should expect to pay?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

It's a high price - get an authorized taxi from the airport and it shouldn't cost you much more than 200 pesos or 17 USD one way.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

As I recall, the taxi just downstairs after the arrival on the PP bus in the T1 international terminal at Puerta 6 was about US16. to the Embassy Suites Reforma (for two with luggage) in late October '08.

All the taxis kiosks in the airport are safe.

M

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

Your hotel is sending a driver for you. He will be parked in the parking lot and you will have to accompany him and exit the lot. If you take a taxi and do not arrive at the peak moment when every jumbo 747 from Europe arrives at the same moment you will be halfway from the airport in an authorized taxi by the time the driver is out of the parking lot. Many people from my office insist on those US$65 (Four Seasons price) airport transfers too. I guess they do not know a recession is going on.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

Sounds like perhaps Happy has a personal interest? Yes?

US$65 vz US $16.

M

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

I think Happy was advocating the taxi vs driver!

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Shuttles/Taxi's

Correct, easier and cheaper and usually quicker to use a taxi than to go to the parking lot with a hotel driver. It is a shorter walk as well.