We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

desire relaxing resort less than 2 hrs from Mex City

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
desire relaxing resort less than 2 hrs from Mex City

Hi everyone,

My partner and I wish to stay three nights between Wed, Sept 2 and Sunday, Sept 6 in a resort with a nice pool, relaxing adult environment, swedish massage, and healthy (natural) food options -- in-house (or close by). Would be nice if we could book an inclusive stay.

Need to bus from Mexico City. Not fussy on location. Quiet, privacy, good beds, and good service important are to us.

Prefer to pay one price as a package if possible.

Suggestions? Muchas gracias!

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: desire relaxing resort less than 2 hrs from Mex City

El Santuario in Valle de Bravo fits your requirements. It gets mixed reviews from many but is certainly pretty and relaxing. There are reviews on this site.

Personally, I prefer the Avandaro or Rodavento - both also in Valle de Bravo. Rodavento is a series of cottages in the woods while Avandaro is a bigger place with golf (and some rooms less nice than others.) Both have delicious breakfasts and Valle is a great town with arts and crafts, a lake, restaurants, etc. and a quick taxi ride away.

You will still be able to use the pool in September.

There are reviews of all on this site.

Dublin, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: desire relaxing resort less than 2 hrs from Mex City

Some other options:

Ixtapan de la Sal: The Mariott has a very nice spa but it also caters to families (pirate pool, tree house etc.) Ixtapan Spa Hotel & Golf Resort has all inclusive packages- www.spamexico.com. I have stayed at the Mariott, but you may prefer the Spa. There are nearby caves to explore if you are interested in doing something off property.

Tepoztlan: I have not been there but it is another spa destination close to Mexico City. Posada del Valle (www.posadadelvalle.com.mx)does not permit anyone under the age of 16 and offers spa packages. There are several important archeological sites in and nearby.

Good luck!

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,172 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: desire relaxing resort less than 2 hrs from Mex City

Tepoztlan itself is a lovely town and it puts you in a short cab ride from Cuernavaca. If you do that option, go to Las Mañanitas for a pretty lunch with good food as well. It is a classic that you should not miss.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: desire relaxing resort less than 2 hrs from Mex City

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'll post my decision and further findings! I love this site... thanks so much for all your contributions!

5. Re: desire relaxing resort less than 2 hrs from Mex City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 06:21