We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a safe hotel in a convenient area in Mexico city

Chicago
Level Contributor
77 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
a safe hotel in a convenient area in Mexico city

Hi Everyone:

I'm planning a quick 4 day trip to Mexico City later on Nov. Trying to decide between 'historical central' area and "zona rosa/reforma' area. I just need a place that's safe to walk around, close to restaurants/main sites.

Can someone help me with hotels? Thanks so much.

Also... if you have any private driver recs, please let me know. I want to hire a driver to go to Shrine of lady of Guadalupe (no metro!).

thanks!

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a safe hotel in a convenient area in Mexico city

The Polanco hotel zone hotels will give you a safer area with good restaurants you can walk to and are also convenient to many museums. Try JW Marriott, W, Nikko or Presidente Intercontinental.

Any hotel has authorized tourism taxis outside and the doorman can arrange for you and generally you can charge your room if you prefer to do so.

Safe travels

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a safe hotel in a convenient area in Mexico city

We like Embassy Suites - Reforma.

Within walking distance to quite a bit, and a relative bargain.

And, perhaps the best tacos in all of Mexico just around the corner.

Check the hotel reviews.

M

3. Re: a safe hotel in a convenient area in Mexico city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2010, 06:16